Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey Safire Eyes,

Im not from Maine, but I too am sick of the cold weather. Us Maryland'ers feel your pain.

No one had replied to your post, so I thought I would throw you a bone.

Here is hoping for the weather to break soon,

Take care, Chris:hug:

By the way, sweet First Gen. Me likey. :headbang:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHA Yeah that was the plan anyway... hopefully this summer! I would have ALOT more miles on the bike if I was there... but instead we are getting 6-10 more inches of snow today... yippee! ...............grrrrrr...............

But yeah hopefully we can sell our house come spring and head to dragon country!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm a Mainer ready for for some riding weather! I have ridden twice this year so far. But most of the time I just open the garage door, start up the bike, and sit on it dreaming it was a warm sunny day :) What part of Maine are you from?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks eddie, wasn't prepared with great pics this year but next I'll be ready!;)
I was in NH this past weekend where it was 60 and motorcycles were everywhere... pulling mine out this weekend for some tinkering! yippeeee;D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doyou Mainers (or winter state people) keep insurance all year long on your bikes? I take it down to comp only in the winter, so I wait to put it back on in the spring so I am not paying for the weeks I can't ride, due to sudden unexpected snow storms and drops in temps to the single digits! Should be 50 by the end of the week though! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I drop my insurance completely when I put it away for the Winter. I have been out a couple times already. With temps over 40* and the sun shining, I'm riding. The highway is a little brisk at 80mph and the frost heaves and sandy side roads are a little scary but cruising the main roads is perfect right now.

My bike is filthy and the garden hose is still frozen so hopefully I can clean it soon. :)

10* more degrees and the tops coming off the Jeep! lol

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
rode to work last week for the first time this year. even the 60 miles on the slab was welcome after this long, cold, drawn out, winter. hopefully i'll get more fun rides than commuting this year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wish I would have rode to work today! I definately will tomorrow.

I need to wash my bike tonight though, it is filthy.

The Jeep got a nice workout this weekend with a half day trip through the snowmobile trails, through a pond, and across a river, lol!

The top is still on though. :'(

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I've been back to commuting on the bike for 3 weeks now, except for the real rainy days. (Rain gear over winter gear is just TOO much hassle.) I waited until the first day of spring, just because my driveway was a soggy mess. It was a toasty 60 degrees on the way home last night. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.