Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He said the only problem is that it needs a new sparkplug because when the engine is running it has a slight misfire or air sound popping. It has 10,500 miles and two scratches.

He is willing to negotiate on the price and really wants to sell it because he says he needs money. If I can buy it for $1900 should I take it?

He lives a hour away from me so I still havent seen it yet, Im searching for a nearby dealer so the technician can inspect it. Im going to ask him if he will drive to my location so I dont have to drive there.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If it's all stock, $2400 is a bit high, IMO. Not sure where you're located, but prices fluctuate depending on location. If all is in good working order and its as clean as he says, $1900 isn't a bad price. Take a look at the tires too, if they're looking pretty worn, you can probably knock a little more off.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I got to say I am concerned when people say things like it just needs a spark plug .

Why wouldn't one put a plug in to sell it instead of explaining a misfire away.

If he is too lazy to put in a spark plug what other maintenance factors were neglected.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got to say I am concerned when people say things like it just needs a spark plug .

If he is too lazy to put in a spark plug what other maintenance factors were neglected.

Just my 2 cents
Thanks, I should just try to buy a 2nd gen that has around 5,000 miles for $3,700, even though I would like to only spend $2,000 on a reliable bike just for work commuting to save on gas. But if I just spend $2,000 with a high mileage bike I might encounter problems and have to put more money into the bike so its probably better just to get the newer generation for a little more money and less mileage right

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
10,500 isn't high miles. I got my '00 with that, and rode it to 30,000+ and it ran as well if not better at 30k as when I got it.
Bargain with the guy where he replaces the plugs before you come look at it, and see if the problem goes away like he said.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Just my 2 cents
Well said.

Also, if the bike had a serious enough problem, even $1500 might not be a good deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts