Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called Geico Insurance and asked how much it'd be to add theft protection on my 02 svs...my current liability premium is $218 a year and if i add the theft protection with a $500 deductible, it'd be $350 a year. Normally, this wouldn't be a question of whether or not its worth it. In my case right now, I'm kinda broke...I would be able to buy this next year though...but paranoia is eating at me. I park my bike outside with a cover on it and alarm. Pretty safe neighborhood...I park it in the gated backyard if i don't plan on riding it for more then 2 or 3 days...maybe I should just park it in my backyard all the time instead??? Its kinda hard to get it in te backyard and its a lil bit of a hassle...guess its worth it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
try looking at a lower deductable... I am in the same boat as you... young. I think it was $18 dif between 500 and 50 with gieco.

G

·
Wow, you guys are getting some incredible rates! I'm in arizona and checked Geico insurance for full coverage on a 03' SVS and it was $1800 a year.
that seems like a smoking deal to me.

*edit* - I'm 23.

·
Registered
836 Posts
+1, get the theft coverage. Bikes are easy to steal, just pick them up, and throw them in a back of a van. I made sure to have theft on my plan.

·
Registered
536 Posts
After having my bike stolen when I was in college without the funds to replace it until years later, I would recommend you cough up the extra dough for theft insurance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Farm Bureau - $410/year for full coverage + medical. I'm 26.

That's for 25/25/50 with $1000 medical and $250 deductible. It's $$310/year for that coverage and then $100/year for uninsured motorist coverage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in the DC area too, I know you're on the local boards, I'm sure you've heard people say their bike was stolen. Do I have to say more?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i know maybe next year I'll throw that in...the msf course discount will soften the blow :-D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts