Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i may be over thinking it but how do they shorten an exhaust can like my chrome yosh rs3. Im sure it sounds deeper. But i just would like to know how exactly they do it. Not asking u to research it just wanna know if u had it done and how. Thanks

Sent from my LG-P925 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
40 Posts
You will need exhaust packing, a saw, a drill and a rivet gun. Drill the rivets, cut the can and the core, repack, reassemble and drill new holes for the rivets, then rivet it back together.

I did the Two Brothers undertail (two carbon cans) because they stuck out past the tail by about four inches on my brother from another mother's 636. Simple. They were extremely loud before, they are LOUD AS HELL now though.

Remember, take your time, be sure they are cut straight and that the core (aka baffle) is the correct length, then do this: :vroom:

Enjoy!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will need exhaust packing, a saw, a drill and a rivet gun. Drill the rivets, cut the can and the core, repack, reassemble and drill new holes for the rivets, then rivet it back together.

I did the Two Brothers undertail (two carbon cans) because they stuck out past the tail by about four inches on my brother from another mother's 636. Simple. They were extremely loud before, they are LOUD AS HELL now though.

Remember, take your time, be sure they are cut straight and that the core (aka baffle) is the correct length, then do this: :vroom:

Enjoy!
Cool man thanks for info. And ill be sure to do the VROOM. ill also post before n after tommrow when i do the job. Appreciate the input.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Drill the rivets, take it apart. Shorten the perforated cylinder inside, shorten the sleeve. Repack with new packing, assemble.

You'll want to cut the front part off of your ca, so you don't have to re-do the logo. I believe that the back is the easiest part to cut off the perforated cylinder, just make sure you cut it the same amount.

My recollection is that the end of the cylinder is a tiny bit smaller, so you may have to do a little cutting/bending to make it a little smaller to get it to go back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts