Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a short run to Greensburg, Kansas today on my new (to me) 2001 SV650. The trip was only 166 miles round-trip, but it was a good run to check my rig and figure out what I'd like to improve on. It was my first bike trip over 30 miles in about 16 years!

I definitely want to get a tank bag, probably magnetic. I'd like to be able to keep an eye on my phone while I'm moving.

The rubbermaid box held my gear just fine, but I'll need to add saddle bags to it for longer trips.

I'm also planning to install a taller windshield. Fatigue was starting in my neck about the last 30 minutes of the ride (I know, I know... lightweight).

Here's my bike and a shot from the middle of Main Street looking south. You might recall that Greensburg was wiped out by an tornado. It's coming back to life, slowly but surely.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Nice pics! Glad you had a good ride.

FWIW, I ride with a Rapid Transit Recon 19 magnetic tank bag. It has a cell phone pocket front & center as well as a lot of storage space. :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Love the Carharts. :D

Check out newenough.com for deals on tank, rear and saddlebags. Look under closeouts there and other sites.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just saw the post about the Carharts, so I guess that answers my question. I usually ride in my Carhart work jacket in cooler weather, maybe that's why I liked yours.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I thought I saw a hill in one of those pictures, but I was wrong. :p

Congrats on getting back into riding. Be careful with those ropes going over the plastics, they'll rub through the paint before notice it. I use some 3M plastic over my paint to protect it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I thought I saw a hill in one of those pictures, but I was wrong. :p

Congrats on getting back into riding. Be careful with those ropes going over the plastics, they'll rub through the paint before notice it. I use some 3M plastic over my paint to protect it.
Ha ha! Hills... naaa. ;) None of those pesky trees to block the sunset either. ;D

I put gaffers tape on the body under the ropes.

Not Carharts, I'm too cheap for those. Mine are Walls Blizzard Pruf. They work for my outer cover over 3 layers beneath. I'm planning to get some pants and a jacket with armor pretty quick. I hope they are as warm as the cover-alls.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Great pics! That tornado that hit Greensburg was 1.7 miles wide! :eek: (actual pic of that tornado below)

Good thing you weren't riding through that night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts