Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my '07 SV650 about a month ago and the previous owner performed all his own maintenance. I'm looking for a good mechanic very familiar with the SV to go through it and bring it to factory specs. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Motorcycle Performance on La Brea and Pico. A friend owns shop, ex racer and has worked on my 1K and wifes 650 a good number of times. If you go tell him I referred you. My names pronounced like DJ, but LeeJay. Also Robert(racinteach) on the socalsv board is working on bikes again a little. He is a sv guru and super nice guy!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I found Motorcycle Performance on Yelp and it had good reviews. Considering checking it out.

Looking for a place in the LA Metro area (closer to Hollywood the better, but willing to drive for quality work).

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my bike back in May; the previous owner said he performed all the maintenance, but I never trust previous owners unless they show me paperwork. I'll definitely check out Motorcycle Performance.

You can always try the service dept. at Honda of Hollywood, but I've heard service there is hit or miss.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought my bike back in May; the previous owner said he performed all the maintenance, but I never trust previous owners unless they show me paperwork. I'll definitely check out Motorcycle Performance.

You can always try the service dept. at Honda of Hollywood, but I've heard service there is hit or miss.
I agree about not trusting the previous owner for peace of mind.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about Honda of Hollywood, so will probably avoid them.

I work around the corner from http://www.lacyclesports.com/ and was going to stop by one day and check it out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Specifically, what kind of work do you want the shop to do/check?
Everything. Full run down and tuneup from tire to tire. This is my only mode of transportation at the moment, so I want to be confident that it checks out. I want to know the bike is running 100% and get a "baseline performance feeling" so I know if something isn't right in the future.

I've already seen things on the bike performed by the previous owner that make me nervous about his abilities. He spliced into the wiring from the trigger that flashes the brights and hooked up a garage door opener to it. Cool idea, but under my passenger seat looks like a rat's nest now and the brights don't work (might be the bulb, haven't checked yet). Dude also tightened the oil filter down so hard he almost stripped the threads, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts