Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first new helmet I have purchased in about 15 years. My previous helmet is a much older variation on the Shoei RF theme. I am somewhat picky about helmets and after looking at many, the red Artifact helmet was the one I always came back to. It has red so goes well with the bike but not too much red. It also goes well with my black Tourmaster Transition 2 jacket.

I rode with this helmet for the first time today and the differences between it and the old RF is stunning. Besides being much more comfortable, the RF-1000 is lighter, much quieter and suffers far less from buffeting which is somewhat important on long rides on a naked bike I presume. Did I mention that , personally, I LOVE the looks of this helmet?! The build quality is amazing too.

With today's cold riding weather, the air flow through the helmets various vents was very apparent with the vents open. I could feel the cold air moving over the top of my head almost like an internal air conditioner.

I should also mention that I bought the helmet from Competition Accessories for $299!! Yippee freakin doo dah I couldn't be happier! Great buying experience and free shipping. Now all I need is a darker visor.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Very nice...goes great with your bike. Question, is that someone standing next to that KitchenAid box? Also, was your old helmet 15 years old, if so I'm sure the foam liner was shot.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think that's the first helmet with graphics (besides just lines) that actually looks pretty good, and it goes great with your bike.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice...goes great with your bike. Question, is that someone standing next to that KitchenAid box? Also, was your old helmet 15 years old, if so I'm sure the foam liner was shot.
No, those are table legs. Anyway, my last helmet was actually purchased from Lance Holst of various motorcycle magazines, about 15 years ago. It had been used in a magazine test and was being sold to benefit an injured rider. To be honest, I was kinda surprised at how old the helmet is. It has held up well but there was a 7 or 8 year period where I did not have a motorcycle so it didn't have to suffer the abuse of my head for that period. I also have an older RF helmet. Shoeis hold up well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts