Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of something out there to use on the gear shift that protects shoes? On my 05 the end metal is exposed from the rubber and it rubs on the top of my shoes? I want to use my bike to commute and need to wear nicer shoes.

Thanks,

~DR

·
Registered
703 Posts
Stranger's got the quick fix but thejimdaddy really has the right answer. You're still going to put wear marks on your shoes on the insides of the heel (from the heel plate) and you're more likely to wear out the sole (especially the left foot) faster due to putting them down at stops.

Get a decent street boot and just change into your shoes at work. If you're not going to work, then who cares what you're wearing on your feet? Heck I do enough errands in my A* Supertechs that I don't even notice them off of the bike.

·
Registered
571 Posts
you could put some electrical tape or black cloth duct tape around the shifter but eventually you will develop wear marks on your shoes because they were not designed to do that.

in the end you'll want to get a pair of decent riding shoes. even a cheap pair would be better than any normal pair of shoes. if you do happen to go down wearing tennis shoes or dress shoes you'll wish you had on riding shoes.

G

·
David, You may be sorry if you crash in your dress shoes brah, my foot got wasted in an accident a few months ago and I was wearing cycle specific boots (not as bad ass as the Sidi's I got since). I dread the thought of what would have happened to my foot if I'd had sneakers or a plain shoe on.

Boots for the ride/leave the shoes for work.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
You can change to gp shifting.
Watch your feet position.
Black leather shoes.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
black electrical tape over the pedal...thats what i did. My vortex rear sets were KILLING my shoes...now its better! :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
blacktape said:
black electrical tape over the pedal...thats what i did.  My vortex rear sets were KILLING my shoes...now its better! :)
+++++1

the vortex ones are really bad on that-the good thing is you won't miss a shift or loose your footing but electrical tape works great

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
stranger said:
or another solution: just ride in first gear so you don't have to worry about shifting!  :D

if I had to pick 1 gear, it would be 3rd, easy enuf to start out in with a little clutch slippage, capable of close to a ton

1 - 19 of 19 Posts