Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a faring from the uk and they want 186 pounds (340$)to ship it! Thats out rageous!Is this normal or are they trying to make extra$(and no I am not paying that)
 

·
King of D'bags
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
Sounds like a little much to me. I paid about $50 to have a set of leathers shipped from the UK. What fairing did you get?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was carbon replacement svs faring  www.glenshiel.co.uk/acatalog/Special -Offers1.html   the cost seems really high dosent it? I was not in a hurry (no time set like 3 day or such)



edit: cant get link to work www.glenshiel.co.uk    then click special offers then click picture
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was liking the faring as it does not need paint and would look good w/my red body work.They are slow to reply to email,and have acted like they never recived two I sent regarding shipping and refund.I may pick one up next time I am in UK.
 

·
King of D'bags
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
That's a nice looking piece. Not sure that I'd pay almost $900 to my door, real CF or not. I'd keep looking if I were you. I have the Airtech OEstyle 1pc race upper and it's pretty good.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
966 Posts
I bought some FZR parts on Ebay. Their postal service is rediculously expensive.

I thought the seller was trying to cheat me until I went to the UK Postal Service's site and checked rates myself. They are MUCH higher than us for Int'l. :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SVnaKidRider said:
[i was buying my dad carbon fibder for his tuono...]...
I wish my dad had a Tuno,dad can  I barrow the keys to the Tuo
arimichael said:
[ Not sure that I'd pay almost $900 to my door, real CF or not]

Yes 900$= new topic:Am I nuts?  ???
Wtf? good thing I dont work w/ computers I'd be fired cant even quote correctly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,778 Posts
Yes they dont want the good stuff to leak over into the land of the harleys..........its like a foriegn trade blockade of sorts........ :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
sv650nate said:
I bought some FZR parts on Ebay. Their postal service is rediculously expensive.

I thought the seller was trying to cheat me until I went to the UK Postal Service's site and checked rates myself. They are MUCH higher than us for Int'l. :eek:
ya i was looking at a belly pan for my bike and the shipping was $700 us ! the pan $150 :-[
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,347 Posts
It won't be the weight that you're getting hit for, it'll be bulk. A finished CF fairing- especially a full one- will need a load of careful packaging for transatlantic shipping, which adds up to a big box. Every carrier I've dealt with deals in what they call "volumetric weight"- that is, if the parcel's big but light, they charge you by size. Still expensive though, I think. The company name implies they're in the highlands somewhere- it costs more to ship goods to the highlands, so logically it'd cost more for them to ship

Also, you're paying in part for the still relatively weak dollar vs pound exhange rate.... You don't have the buying poiwer you used to. Not as bad as it was a year ago though.

Got any pics of that fairing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
Northwind said:
It won't be the weight that you're getting hit for, it'll be bulk. A finished CF fairing- especially a full one- will need a load of careful packaging for transatlantic shipping, which adds up to a big box. Every carrier I've dealt with deals in what they call "volumetric weight"- that is, if the parcel's big but light, they charge you by size. Still expensive though, I think. The company name implies they're in the highlands somewhere- it costs more to ship goods to the highlands, so logically it'd cost more for them to ship

Also, you're paying in part for the still relatively weak dollar vs pound exhange rate.... You don't have the buying poiwer you used to. Not as bad as it was a year ago though.

Got any pics of that fairing?

i think fedex offer a good deal on big packages i would look into them
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I asked about the apperance also and was told the picture does not do it justice.Since my last post the seller has been much more responsive to my e mails,dont want to cast negativity on them ,mabey they did not get some of my correspondance. Martin said the shipping is always a problem,cost prohibitive. :'(
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top