Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost the washer and clip(number 35&38 on the picture) recently. The shifter actually stays in place for the most part, but for my peace of mind I'd like to have it fixed. Anybody by chance know what size they are so I can order some new ones?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously I could do that but I don't really feel like paying 25 bucks for shipping when it's something I could pick up at the hardware store...

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I see. No idea, but somebody may be along with the sizing.
$25 shipping?? Good lord, where do you live?:oops:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Germany, and it's being shipped from the UK. That's usually what shipping from the US would cost. Found a site that's a tad cheaper but since its not the first time I've lost the washer and ring (maybe I'm hitting the gears a bit too well) I'd just like to buy them in bulk so I wouldn't have to worry anymore.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Germany, and it's being shipped from the UK. That's usually what shipping from the US would cost. Found a site that's a tad cheaper but since its not the first time I've lost the washer and ring (maybe I'm hitting the gears a bit too well) I'd just like to buy them in bulk so I wouldn't have to worry anymore.
You may be falling victim to the Brexit thing I've been hearing about. Some crazy high import/export tariff stuff going on.
The clip shouldn't be coming off no matter how you're shifting it though. Is the notch/groove in the shaft worn or some way messed up maybe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't thought about that, yet. Thanks for the idea, gonna take a look at it on my next ride.

·
Registered
921 Posts
FWIW, circlips have a "sharp" side. If you compare sides, one side has rounded edges, the other does not. The flat/sharp side should face the direction you don't want it to be able to escape in. In the case of your shifter, the flat side should face out.

Hope that makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts