Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. So I'm new to the forums and new to motorcycles, too. I now own a 2003 sv650s with just under 19k.
Aside from the typical maintenance that's expected, i'm going through everything else on the bike right now. I noticed from the first time riding it that the shifter needs to be pulled up higher than other bikes in order to engage the gear. You have to put in a bit too more effort to get the shifter up than I think is natural. I rode my friend's honda transalp once and have felt my other friend's bike's shifters before, and none of them needed this much effort just to get to the next gear.

Just so you know, i'm trying to search on here, but i'm getting threads that talk about shifter play and other stuff

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'll tackle this Sunday since I'm off to my beginner's road course all day tomorrow and Sunday morning.

The bike is at my friend's house right now so I can't sit in front of it to see what's going on but it looks like setting the spline in the correct position puts less stress on the transition for each shift and you are able to bias whether or not it helps with upshifts or downshifts. Does that sound right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts