Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 SV650. Did a fresh oil/filter change at around March.

Recently I miss shifts in the middle of the transmission. Lately I noticed it was getting worse. Today on the way to work, it started to just jamb ~3 or 4th (upshift). First I thought it was the linkage/shifter binding but had a closer look in the parking lot at work.

The shifter/linkages look ugly, but work fine. I have shifted my attention from external (easy) to internal. Any experiences?

I did some digging and have realized I am going to have to drain the coolant and oil to open up the clutch cover. I can't really think of a cause for such a problem other than something floating around in my clutch housing...

·
Registered
968 Posts
is your clutch properly adjusted at both ends? did you use the proper oil when you did your change? how did the previous owner treat it? was it dogged, "mis-used", or maintained improperly?

IIRC, oil in the wrong weight can lead to hard shifting. make sure you have everything else externally up to par before you start looking inside the clutch if you havent already. would suck if you drained and took everything apart when you didnt really need too...

just my 2 cents. good luck :rock:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts