Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone in the Seattle area know where to find Shark helmets? I want to look at one for my next helmet but none of the dealers around here carry any. For those who own them, did you get them online or what? I have no problem buying online but I need to try one on first to make sure it fits. Would love any inside hints on local dealers!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Shark are tough to find in the dealerships. CycleGear sells them online, but when I went to their store, not one in sight. I did find one lone RS2 at my Suzuki dealership, which was enough to verify sizing before I ordered online. Good luck! They are great helmets for the money.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have an RSX and it's a very nice helmet.

Shark is pulling out of Canada like it's prom night. Which is good, 'cause I got my lid for half price. And not so good because it's a shame such great helmets aren't going to be available here anymore. :mad:

Not sure what the deal is in the US, though. I get the sense they're abandoning all of North America, but I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I have an RSX and it's a very nice helmet.

Shark is pulling out of Canada like it's prom night. Which is good, 'cause I got my lid for half price. And not so good because it's a shame such great helmets aren't going to be available here anymore. :mad:

Not sure what the deal is in the US, though. I get the sense they're abandoning all of North America, but I could be wrong.
I heard they are pulling out of Canada only, will still be available in the U.S.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got a Shark RSI that I got from ironpony.com. Everything came when expected, as expected. And the helmet works great! Paid 260 canadian dollars for it. IMO hands down the best visor switching system in existence!

Dan Z.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've got a Shark RSI that I got from ironpony.com. Everything came when expected, as expected. And the helmet works great! Paid 260 canadian dollars for it. IMO hands down the best visor switching system in existence!

Dan Z.
Where did you get your helmet from? I'm shopping for a Shark and the places I found online with reasonable pricing won't ship to Canada...

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
sportbiketrackgear.com has them, they have great product reviews (videos) on each of them.
They also have good prices and will exchange it if the size isn't right.

Whatch the reviews, some styles run bigger. I whear a large in everything but a med RSI fits me perfact. Some come with a free tinted shield also.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sadly the Shark RSX and RSI helmets don't fit my huge head... The XL was too tight and no local carried XXL. I tried on a XXL HJC IS-16 (only thing that would fit my head in my price range) and the fit was ok but the helmet wasn't to my liking... I tried a Shoei RF-1000 XL and the fit is perfect, but the price isn't... Now looking all over the internet to see where I can find myself a cheap one!

·
Registered
433 Posts
i have a Shark RSI and RSX and they're amazing. had to buy both online since nobody carries them. i did find a dealership that had the S650 model which is crap though.

Cycle Gear is supposed to have a good helmet exchange thing, but i've never tried.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Sadly the Shark RSX and RSI helmets don't fit my huge head... The XL was too tight and no local carried XXL. I tried on a XXL HJC IS-16 (only thing that would fit my head in my price range) and the fit was ok but the helmet wasn't to my liking... I tried a Shoei RF-1000 XL and the fit is perfect, but the price isn't... Now looking all over the internet to see where I can find myself a cheap one!
Have you tried AGV?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts