Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i start my S up i hear it revving higher to warm up, then in about 3-5 seconds the revs drop and it sounds "shallow" cant really explain it. i have no gauges atm to tell me my RPMs. im thinking to just raise my idle with the adjuster but theres no nob?? maybe previous owner removed it, its just a screw. it runs and idles without a problem though i just feel like it should be a little louder and richer i guess? not sure if this is even making sense.

only thing ive done was change the plugs from 9E to 8. and oil

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
When i start my S up i hear it revving higher to warm up, then in about 3-5 seconds the revs drop and it sounds "shallow" cant really explain it. i have no gauges atm to tell me my RPMs. im thinking to just raise my idle with the adjuster but theres no nob?? maybe previous owner removed it, its just a screw. it runs and idles without a problem though i just feel like it should be a little louder and richer i guess? not sure if this is even making sense.

only thing ive done was change the plugs from 9E to 8. and oil
There is a cold Idle controller on the secondary throttle valve, you can see it on the left side of the bike thru the frame.

There is a screw for adjustment, but I would not just start messing with it without proper instruction. There is a thread here somewhere on how to setup the cold idle controller properly.

I believe it involves setting up the the TPS along with doing it on a cold bike as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a cold Idle controller on the secondary throttle valve, you can see it on the left side of the bike thru the frame.

There is a screw for adjustment, but I would not just start messing with it without proper instruction. There is a thread here somewhere on how to setup the cold idle controller properly.

I believe it involves setting up the the TPS along with doing it on a cold bike as well.
thanks ill check into it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts