Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my name is Troy I am 23 years old. 5'10 165lbs, I work at FedEx part time and I recently got my first real street bike 10/3/2012 (2005 sv650s)

So my story is that my licence expired on sept 17th and didnt notice, for about 2 weeks, knowing I needed to go to DMV and take an eye exam (barely passed last time) I procrastinated on going to renew my licence...

I always browsed Craigslist for motorcycles just because I missed riding on the street, coming from riding a DRZ400SM I was a little hesitant to get a bike considering my accident that broke my nose, left wrist and last 3 fingers on my left hand while also leaving my face ****** up for a few months

I decided to get back into it.
I found a really good deal on a 2005 Sv650s with 18392 miles on craigslist that looked too good to be true, so I brought my Motorcycle mechanic friend, and my other friend that's a cop to go with me. The guy started out asking for 4600 but after my motorcycle mechanic friend talked to him and went though maintenance records on the bike the original owner really didn't know much more than oil changes and brakes.. he didn't even know he was up one tooth in front sprocket, or that the valves needed to get checked.. i ended up taking the bike home for $2700

Got home at 10pm pst, and I left it at my cop friends house and told him I don't want to ride it till I am completely legal.

Next day 10/4/2012

Did an eye exam, got glasses same day

Next day 10/5/2012

Renewed my licence, got motorcycle permit, registered the Sv650s and got insurance on the bike.
also bought a helmet from cycle gear and some gloves and ordered my alpine star white and black jacket that wont be here for a week. so i been using my fox armor suit till it comes.

Then rode it for about 5 hours getting used to the monster torque that i didnt expect.

10/6/2012 Rode it all day long from 9am to 8pm stopping here and there for food, visit friends, visit my grandma, and basically went to all the places I normally drive to... but eventually just ran out of ideas of where to go.

Today 10/7/2012

I don't know where else to ride I rode for 2hours of just bull **** riding arround town but I really dont got anywhere to go and the one person I do ride with is always busy and doesn't really want to ride much because he has no M1 licence and is too lazy to get his permit to be somewhat legal.. at this moment I only went out today because my gf asked me to go get something from the store..

I am looking forward to meeting fellow riders that live near by that are down to ride and not mind someone who is still on the newer side of riding.

I do also ride dirtbikes during seasons Red stickers are permitted with my girlfriend so if anyones down to go to Carnegie, Hollister, or metcalf hit me up.
My girlfriend rides a 2003 ttr 125 and I ride a 2003 cr125
She is still very new, and I am intermediate id say, i do get wreckless at times but for the most part I try and stay within my skill level.

I own a 1992 toyota pickup truck (5speed 22re motor) and I can haul an extra bike around as long as you pay your share of the gas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the bay i wish i was closer but i live in Vallejo and i have the same problem with not knowing anyone out here to ride with.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I rode.with 2 of my motorcycle friends and kazoo from this forum Saturday for.the first.time. Was a good ride

Sent from my R800at using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts