Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get some feedback on where most people set their SVRP adjustable rear set riser plates at. I just order a pair along with some tank risers and want to get an idea of where to start with mounting to figure out my comfort or preference. Maybe it will be that i just have to try a few different settings till i find one I like?

I am 5'7" with around a 30 inch inseam. My seat is slightly lowered from agreatdaytoride

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does anyone know on an 08 S am i going to need a new spring for the rear brake or anything bc of the moving of the rear set. i know on the shifter side svrp includes the extender

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I just got the same plate today!!!

I am just going to move it around untill I find where I like it. Nobody will be able to tell you what is the most comfortable, everybody is different. Personally, I look forward to trying every setting, it's a great excuse to "have to do some riding." Set it, ride the wheels off it for a week, change it, ride the wheels off of it for another week. Repeat untill satisfied :thumbsup:

·
MOTORADOR
10,958 Posts
One back, one up. I'm 6 ft tall (32 inseam) and that has been my fav position so far.

·
MOTORADOR
10,958 Posts
did you need to buy anything for the brake side to correct the move in the rear set? ie. spring or anything?
No

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I would image issues may arise if you trying going back further or higher than off1.

I plan to keep them back and low, but am planning to try the furthest to the top back first, just to try the extreams. I will let you know what I find out.

·
MOTORADOR
10,958 Posts
I had it one back, two up at first but after long rides I would get a bit cramped. Never had issues with rear brake hardware.

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I played with it a little bit today. Not much because I was focoused on swapping the chain and sprockets, but.... Yes, the rear brake assembly does restrict the use of some of the holes. (07 SV650S). I was mildly dissapointed, but not because I expected to use those holes, I only wanted to see what they would feel like (who hasn't been there 1,000 times). I did mount the brake side as far back as possible, and really like the feel, but that really isn't a fair assessment. I haven't even had both pegs on the bike yet, let alone taken it for a ride.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the input, post back if you ride with it setup like that. im going to start out at 1up and 1 back and ride it like that for a while before i go up or back more

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey guys, i'm getting ready to buy the riser plates and am just wondering how things are working out. As for me, I'm only 5'7" with a 29-30" inseam and find I can't tuck my legs in like I'd like too. I've been thinking of grabbing a pair of HammerGrips but if my knees don't even go that high what's the point. Thanx for any input from your experiences.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
The riser plates likely will not help you get your knees higher. They go back more than they go up. Though, I am 5'8" and have no problem digging my knee in? :dontknow: I got them because I wanted to dig back harder on my foot. They helped a ton and I love them for spirited street and track riding. Though I may end up moving forward a bit for a bit more comfort while cruising.

How certain are you of your body position? For me, once I took advanced riders courses and really got my position dialed in, my knee locks in much more naturally. Just a thought.

BTW, you should still order the Hammergrips and have them delivered to me. :naughty:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts