Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this is the 5th post where the solution is: "Classic too-lean idle. Set your idle mixture screws to 2 1/2 or 3 turns out from lightly seated."
ok but I am not sure where that screw is, how do I turn it, ....

can someone show me that screw and how to get to it ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Look in the tips and tricks section under "adjust your air/fuel mixture".  You have to first drill out the plug, then you can adjust the screw.  Not too bad.  Just follow John's write up.

Ask if you get stuck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, the screw is there, it's just behind a plug.  The plug is pressed in to prevent you from adjusting it.  You'll need to drill this plug and remove it to make the adjustment.   Don't worry about replacing it.

Look on John's site. the pictures should help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so then the next question is: what does the "lightly seated" mean? means 2.5 to 3 turn out from screwed in all the way ?

also, my idle speed went done by itself to 1000 rpm, is this due to the slip on I added ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep, turn the screw in until it's lightly seated and then back out 2 1/2 to 3 turns. Your slipon could have caused your idle to change. You should turn your idle up until you're 1300-1400 RPM. This might also take care of some of your backfire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok,
I am sorry to ask again but to make sure :) the screw is not "in there" you drill the plug and then you have to find a screw that fit in there. doesn't the screw un-tighten with vibrations?

and you have to do that on the 2 carbs right ?

Maybe I should adjust the idle and see

·
Registered
63 Posts
The screw is under the plug. You don't need to add one and it shouldn't vibrate out.

Yes, both carbs.

Yep, I'd start with the idle first and see if that cleans it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts