Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of forks from a 01 gsxr 600. Came with good condition forks...lower triple clamp...steering stabilizer and axle. Im debating on weather or not i wanna use them or sell them. Im not sure how much more I need to buy to make them work or if I even have the time to do it. If I sell them I will at least replace my springs and fork oil. Input?

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
phelix said:
I just bought a set of forks from a 01 gsxr 600. Came with good condition forks...lower triple clamp...steering stabilizer and axle. Im debating on weather or not i wanna use them or sell them. Im not sure how much more I need to buy to make them work or if I even have the time to do it. If I sell them I will at least replace my springs and fork oil. Input?
You still need quite a bit. Upper triple, wheel, rotors and calipers. If you're more than 170-180lbs you'll need to put springs in the GSRX forks also. The stock SV forks can be made to work very well, but they will never have the bling factor of the GSXR front end. :D
There was a discussion over in the race section about this, reading the opinions there might help.

http://forum.svrider.com/viewtopic.php?t=42299

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
If you decide to sell, please let me know via a PM. I may be interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pm sent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts