Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1198 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm very tempted to get the same one as it looks and sounds awesome (at least accd. to the one video I found with a 2016 SV650 which the company posted) and is not too expensive. How do you like the sound? Do you get some nice deceleration popping as well?

Does the black stainless scratch easily?
It sounds delicious! A nice burble at tickover and, so far, it sounds great under light acceleration too. That's with the baffle fitted, I must try the alternative when I'm finally legal.

Which brings me to your second question. I haven't started, nevermind completed, my basic training course yet, so I can't tell you what the overrun is like and whether it pops and bangs in either guise, but I hope to Christ that it does! All will be revealed when I finally have the necessary qualification to venture out onto the local roads. Until then I'm just getting used to low speed manoeuvring and general smoothness.

But the finish of the pipe seems to be pretty decent, I certainly didn't mark it during fitment and the end result is very satisfying to behold.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If the '03 has a taller sub-frame, would't this just mean the rear foot peg exhaust mount is too high for an '04+ exhaust hanger to reach? So lets say the midpipe is 04+, it is angled lower and the muffler, when installed, has it's hanger say an inch from the rear peg. It's too low to pass the OEM bolt through, but should be pretty easy to add an extra strip of sheet metal to bolt one up to the other? My point is all of the exhausts, slip on or full system should fit the engine such that it runs, just the mounting to the rear peg would involve some DIY. 2003's are weird and the solution is to just steer clear of them lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Delkevic DL10 carbon slip-on, standard mount. Second best investment I've done after RaceTech emulators. Deep throaty sound, not too loud with mufflers in. Can still trigger car alarms, but wont scare away grandmas.

·
Greetings Program
6,274 Posts
OneDrive is tough to use for photo sharing on forums...

In Onedrive, view your photo, locate the "Embed" link, generate the embed code, copy the generated code, and paste that inside the Image tag here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought this "gp style" slip on off ebay a few weeks ago and it says it has a baffle in it but it doesn't look like it does. was gonna put it on but im worried it will be way to loud like a straight pipe and then could cause problems with the valves.

Ive heard some people say it has a small baffle but it just looks like a smaller pipe inside.

Anybody out there put this pipe on?

Muffler Pipe Auto part Cylinder Exhaust system

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
I bought this "gp style" slip on off ebay a few weeks ago and it says it has a baffle in it but it doesn't look like it does. was gonna put it on but im worried it will be way to loud like a straight pipe and then could cause problems with the valves.

Ive heard some people say it has a small baffle but it just looks like a smaller pipe inside.

Anybody out there put this pipe on?

View attachment 37242

Don't worry about the valves. The only damage will be to your ears and your relationship with neighbors.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Here are two pics of my 2005 SV650 the cannister is from an R6 I bought on e-bay-shortened 4" and mounted to my M4 standard mount link pipe that has been rotated almost 180 degrees the link pipe from the akra R6 set up was cut down and slip into the M5 link pipe.The hanger an M4 race mount--sounds great
I know it's been a while but it sure looks nice. Would be cool if you can take a shot of how it looks from the rear of the bike

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently purchased an 03 SV650s. Bought a Yoshimura slip-on for an 07 (I know it won't fit the mounts and stuff without modification) But the deal was great and honestly it's hard to find parts for an 03 since they're different than every other year for stuff like the seat, subframe, exhaust mounts, etc. I'll post pictures of how I get it rigged up. I'm a 19 year old living by myself and going to school with no welder so we'll see how it goes :D Might be a little ugly but I've got an idea of what I'm going to do. Will be picking it up from the post office tonight, probably mounting it tomorrow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been very happy with my Fuel Exhaust slip on!

·
Registered
782 Posts
+1 on the Fuel Exhaust. I have the mini 350mm, in the F1R Road version and the sound is a deep rumble. The fact you can customize your exhaust on their website, it comes with a removable baffle and is just slightly above the Delkevic in price, makes it my favorite choice for this bike.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yes, hand-made in the UK. It's a family owned business. I like the fact you can customize your exhaust directly on their website (oops, said that already). They'll also send English mints and a bandana as a thank you. I've been recommending them so much I should work for them at this point.

1161 - 1180 of 1198 Posts