Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1141 - 1160 of 1198 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Here are two pics of my 2005 SV650 the cannister is from an R6 I bought on e-bay-shortened 4" and mounted to my M4 standard mount link pipe that has been rotated almost 180 degrees the link pipe from the akra R6 set up was cut down and slip into the M5 link pipe.The hanger an M4 race mount--sounds great

Attachments

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
How easy was it to shorten the Akra? Been contemplating shortening mine.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
It wasn't bad I bought an abrasive 12' cut off wheel from home depot to mount in my chop saw drilled the rivets of of the end cap removed it and
cut it.I pushed the packing in as far as I could before cutting.Drilling new holes in the end was the most work

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
This still works for me... Full M4 Titanium Can with Carbon tip... good sound but not too obnoxious and works with my color scheme... added some black reflective tape to the rubber mount by the foot peg and on my frame and signal light... you can't see it at all unless it it dark and light hits it.... not that people care anyway

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts

·
Greetings Program
6,274 Posts
I thinks its just the angle of the bike keeping the oil out of sight. But it does look AWESOME. :)
This is correct - BigHammer cut a hole in his clutch cover and replaced it with lexan or something similar. :D

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
This is correct - BigHammer cut a hole in his clutch cover and replaced it with lexan or something similar. :D
Yup, just a 3/8" thick poly-carbonate window, flush-fit into a hole bored in the stock cover. To add some inner bling, I removed the pressure plate, shaved off the ribs, gave it a mirror polish, and a set of Duc' spring retainers.

Here's a close-up look:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
782 Posts
New Fuel Diablo (their definition of mini, but better described as a midi) in black stainless.
I'm very tempted to get the same one as it looks and sounds awesome (at least accd. to the one video I found with a 2016 SV650 which the company posted) and is not too expensive. How do you like the sound? Do you get some nice deceleration popping as well?

Does the black stainless scratch easily?

1141 - 1160 of 1198 Posts