Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do you pull the seat on an '05?

I gotta hook up my battery tender on the bike tomorrow after work, and it would be extremely helpful to know how to pull the seat. I assume the battery access is under the seat.

Educate me if otherwise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Take off the two black plastic side panels under the seat, then take out the two screws (one each side) holding the seat down. Each screw will be going through a white plastic tab sticking down from the seat. Once those are out, grab the front of the seat, pull it back a little to get it off the tank, then pull up and it'll come right out.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take off the two black plastic side panels under the seat, then take out the two screws (one each side) holding the seat down. Each screw will be going through a white plastic tab sticking down from the seat. Once those are out, grab the front of the seat, pull it back a little to get it off the tank, then pull up and it'll come right out.
Thanks much man!

I knew it wouldn't a difficult thing to do, I just didn't know how to do it. And, I didn't feel like staying out in the cold garage any longer than I did today messin with it. Should take me just a few minutes to pop the seat and hook up the battery tender tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Not a problem man. Congrats on the new bike also. If you're going to be hooking up a quick connect for the tender, I recommend running it under the tail plastic from the battery so it comes out the hole for the passenger seat. That way it's easy to access, and can be tucked in quick if you want without taking off the main seat.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a problem man. Congrats on the new bike also. If you're going to be hooking up a quick connect for the tender, I recommend running it under the tail plastic from the battery so it comes out the hole for the passenger seat. That way it's easy to access, and can be tucked in quick if you want without taking off the main seat.
That's the plan. Run the pigtail under the rear section for easy access. That's how I see it done on most every other sportbike, including my buddy's R6 which is parked right next to the SV in the garage at his house. Big props to him for letting me store it there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts