Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking to permanently attach a luggage/transportation box to my rear seat. Before I embark on that journey, I would like to plan ahead.

Therefore, if any of you have stripped your rear seat of foam or have drawings of the gen 2 rear seat, I would really appreciate having a look. I need it to develop a stronger structure so the box does not sit on the unstable foam.

Also, if any of you have experience in doing this, inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
For the 1st gen SVs, the rear seat was separate and Suzuki sold a luggage mount that replaced the seat. But they didn't sell it long because the weight of the luggage broke the seat mounts. The mounts cannot hold swaying, bouncing, buffetted luggage. You'd be wise to get a real luggage rack instead or just strap your luggage to the chassis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the 1st gen SVs, the rear seat was separate and Suzuki sold a luggage mount that replaced the seat. But they didn't sell it long because the weight of the luggage broke the seat mounts. The mounts cannot hold swaying, bouncing, buffetted luggage. You'd be wise to get a real luggage rack instead or just strap your luggage to the chassis.
Thank you! Do you know what parts of the mounts didn't hold? I am looking to reinforce it but if there are any known weak spots that would help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leave the foam on if you're bolting the case. it's not gonna be in the way and will help keep the shaking down and the angle correct
Thank you. I have a few other ideas too though, so I am still looking for drawings/photos and/or other inputs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts