Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we all know the in-site search function isn't the most helpful, and I think most of the active forum members know that you can use google with "site:svrider.com" to just search the forums with Google's power.

Well, I just discovered an interesting problem with that method. In wanting to search for previous mods using Ducati Monster parts, my search query was "ducati monster fairing site:svrider.com" that returned one reasonable hit, and then every subsequent response referenced the "Ducati Monster" that links to the Monster forums from the bottom Motorcyle.com link bar. Without having tried a whole bunch of searches (though didn't have the same trouble when searching "GSXR," does anybody know a way around this?

Is there a way to search and not include the text of the links on the bottom of the page?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I think we all know the in-site search function isn't the most helpful, and I think most of the active forum members know that you can use google with "site:svrider.com" to just search the forums with Google's power.

Well, I just discovered an interesting problem with that method. In wanting to search for previous mods using Ducati Monster parts, my search query was "ducati monster fairing site:svrider.com" that returned one reasonable hit, and then every subsequent response referenced the "Ducati Monster" that links to the Monster forums from the bottom Motorcyle.com link bar. Without having tried a whole bunch of searches (though didn't have the same trouble when searching "GSXR," does anybody know a way around this?

Is there a way to search and not include the text of the links on the bottom of the page?
Well, there are ways for DiscoSteve (new admin) to hide it from google. I don't know if they will be willing.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems unlikely. What we might perceive as a downside to effective searching might increase non-member traffic to the site (possibly) and help their bottom line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts