Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need better lighting at night. I have an HID kit from my car that I 'may' try but the real question here is (becuz I don't have a manual), what are the bulb sizes in these bikes? I'm looking at the Sylvania Xtravision's.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The manual says stock is 2 45w/45w lightbulbs, but I'm not sure if you can up the wattage and be safe. I wanted to do 60/55w Sylvania Silverstars but not sure if itll be too much. HTH

·
Registered
151 Posts
So no-one has found any problems (electrically speaking) with running higher wattage bulbs than recommended? The manual explicitly states not to use higher wattage bulbs... but having said that it also explicitly states not to exceed the posted speed limit... mmmm-k... :p

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
SpeedyBoy said:
So no-one has found any problems (electrically speaking) with running higher wattage bulbs than recommended? The manual explicitly states not to use higher wattage bulbs... but having said that it also explicitly states not to exceed the posted speed limit... mmmm-k... :p
For the lights, I'm sure it has to do with how FAR above the recommended wattage you go. I converted my naked to a dual-headlight setup, and run a pair of 55/60w bulbs in them, when stock was supposed to be only one 55/60w. It's been a year and a half, and I've had no issues. I don't worry about it anymore.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bumped mine way up. I run 110/135's . I put mine in in 03 when I bought the bike and have never had an issue. I run the highbeams all day long at night i use low beam for oncoming traffic. I aslo payed mucho dollas for them. Oh they are "for off road use only" ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts