Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have the evotech FE on my 2006 Naked and water gets into the storage area each time I ride it in rain.

Any ideas to seal it up. Some pics would help too.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Find a zip-loc bag around that size
If you can't find one that size, use a big one & fold the excess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but how do I use the ZipLoc Bag to tackle the problem...:)
Step 1: Place non-waterproof valuables into ziploc bag.
Step 2: Place ziploc bag into storage area and ride in rain.
Step 3: When in need of said valuables, reverse steps 1 and 2. (For best results, do not ride backwards in the rain.)

;D

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Most of the rain gets in upwards, so, just lining the storage area with a bin bag or similiar tough plastic bag keeps things much drier. But a ziploc or similiar is really better, keeps everything neatly together too. I got fed up with my tools rusting so I got a wee ortlieb drybag to keep things super-dry. I like ortlieb stuff, it feels so much more professional than a binbag ;D

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've got no experience with this at all, but was thinking...
Could a guy make his own weather seal with some wax paper and silicone?Tape the wax paper on the bottom of the seat cowling, then pump the clear tub/tile silicone up into the gaps? All the way 'round, then wipe off the excess? Let it dry, then remove the wax paper.
...Or would that just be a recipe for disaster?
I just don't put anything back there that can't get wet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Weather stripping is what i used on my homemade FE. I don't know if i did a bad job installing mine or if it just happens but the weather stripping has already started to come off so think I'm going to try glassing something to stuff in there this summer. And a plastic bag is a must for any papers you keep down there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts