Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You guys are hillarious....!!! Thought the old girl was running great untill I poured in 1/3 of a can over chevron 94....spanked her hard and long, and now she will do anything i ask.....!!! It ticks over so nice now, I just want to sit and listen to her purrrrrr.... Was it the K&N? was it the Desnorkel? was it the ngkcr8e plugs? was it the motul 300v, was it the cutdown carbon m4? no I say, it was the SEAFOAM....!!!

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Cool.

Sent from my right shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yeah, I've noticed that my bike starts a little quicker and seems to have a more responsive throttle. Working on my first tank after the treatment so we'll see when I get back from vacation if it changes my mileage. Glad to hear someone else likes this stuff for more than storage.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
^^^^
Epic Interwebnetz Squidly Fail Thread. FTMFW!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Seafoam is one of the few fuel/oil additive that seems to work. A lot of people are reporting good results on older engines, and I've never seen anyone saying something bad about it. I used it myself, I can't say the engine was running worst after for sure. Car guys seems to say they get a better idle/smoother revs on old worn engine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's actually more effective if you pour it directly into the combustion chamber via a vacuum line but that's not really practical on our bikes. If you ever see a car with white smoke billowing from the exhaust then it's seafoam.

Blocking a whole street with a plume of smoke is always fun.

I don't recommend using it in the oil though. There's just too much potential for bad things to happen if it breaks loose a big chunk of crud in that part of an engine.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I wouldn't think a modern Japanese engine would need seafoam unless it was never revved above 6k or something.

I used it on my old BMWs, but since I drove them hard regularly and maintened them well not too much smoke ever came out.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts