Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my buddies was talking about using Sea Foam Motor Treatment in his bike and I was thinking of trying as well. Have any of you guys used it?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I've used it from time to time as a mild Fuel Stabilizer and or a Carb/TB cleaner. Can't say I use it regularly though, can't imagine it would hurt.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to help get some cleaner ran through it. Ive never ran any kind of injector cleaner or anything through it.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Why do you want to use it?
They make a few variations. I haven't tried the motor oil additive. :dontknow:

I use the fuel additive every so often to help clear carbs. You can also use it to help keep the injectors and other parts clean.

I have a few bottles because I have plenty of power tools, generators, mowing equipment that sits during the winter, and things like a snow blower that end up sitting during the summer. I try to run everything for a little bit every other week, but sometimes life gets in the way, so I treat the gas with it. I also use it in my gas cans because I usually fill up about 8 of them at a time to have some extra on hand.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Just to help get some cleaner ran through it. Ive never ran any kind of injector cleaner or anything through it.
Have you been following the maintenance schedule?

They make a few variations. I haven't tried the motor oil additive. :dontknow:

I use the fuel additive every so often to help clear carbs. You can also use it to help keep the injectors and other parts clean.

I have a few bottles because I have plenty of power tools, generators, mowing equipment that sits during the winter, and things like a snow blower that end up sitting during the summer. I try to run everything for a little bit every other week, but sometimes life gets in the way, so I treat the gas with it. I also use it in my gas cans because I usually fill up about 8 of them at a time to have some extra on hand.
I know there are plenty of good reasons to use it TB, I'm just trying to ascertain why the OP wants to use it.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
i ride regularly, year round, and have never put anything in the tank but gasoline. always runs fine. unless you are storing the bike for long periods, or have a specific problem, there's no need to use it, but it probably won't hurt anything to put a little in for periodic maintenance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts