Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got some replacement headlights for the ones i cracked at the track. the covers are a bit scratched and scuffed - what can i do to clear them up a bit? any household tricks that won't force me to hit a store for a specific product?

·
Registered
397 Posts
plastic polish is what i'd suggest...but if you have grainy toothpaste, you can use that and a cotton ball to polish the scuffed spot...just keep rubbing then rinse with water and it should be smooth as hell...this is a trick i picked up from when i was a kid and my grandpa showed me how to buff the plastic cover on my watches. The important thing here is that you HAVE to use grainy toothpaste, not the smooth kinda that they have these days...so might wanna look around a lil...

·
Registered
684 Posts
depending on the scrathes most plastic works just like paint. you can do fine wet sanding and use a rubbing compound and to finish and protect a plastic polish

·
Registered
104 Posts
Theres a product on the market called Plexus, may want to give that a try. I got mine at the auto parts store for less than 10 bucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts