Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mrning I got EXO-700 and saw that a black plate (the one between the helmet and the visor) on one of the sides is loose. Two black, I think plastic, screws came with the helmet. I see a metal small screw in the place in which (I think) there should be one of the screws I've got with the helmet.... I had to rush to work, so did not have enough time to examine it, but the question is.... do I need to assemble something? Is it "by design" or I've got a "lemon"?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I didn't have to assemble anything with mine other than changing the face shield from the clear to the mirrored...I'd check with who you bought it from and maybe shoot a message to Scorpion as well...find out what the deal is.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yeah, no assembly required. There should be one black plastic screw on each side, and then two spares came with mine. If it didn't come with the black plastic screws on both sides already there and there was indeed that metal one instead, I'd take it back to the place you bought it from and ask.

The likely/easy fix is to just remove the metal screw and put in a plastic one and see if that tighten's stuff up. If you're worried about quality of the rest of the helmet, then def. call Scorpion.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it from NE. I'll shoot them a line when I check it at home. Hopefully it's just an easy fix by replacing the screw....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got home.... looked at it... apparently it's not a metal screw there... it's a broken piece of plastic screw... head of which i found in the bag the helmet came in. there is a damage to the plastic around the screw so I'm going to contact the NE and send it back. it's really sad. :'(

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Either take it to a dealer or talk to the people who shipped it.

Take photos to explain what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
they have great customer support. I had a miniscule scratch on the mirror visor and they sent a new one for free.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they have great customer support. I had a miniscule scratch on the mirror visor and they sent a new one for free.
we exchanged a couple of emails... they said that i need to send it back... got the fedex link, print out, stopped by fedex with it... 3 minutes and it was done, no money, hassle or whatsoever... they said they will send a new one from scorpion directly, it's in cali, so they say it should be here faster.... don't have the tracking number yet (not sure if we'll get it). eagerly waiting for the helmet. :)

If the exchange works like this (after all i read i'll be surprised if it's not)... I'll be a happy returning customer to NE.... the level of customer service and responsiveness they provide is unbeatable to the date wherever I shopped online. It's really amazing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts