Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an almost new Scorpion EXO 400 at a pawn shop yesterday. It was cheap, my size and my color (white). I had read some good reviews on it but came across this one on Amazon. Cracked me up.

"When I first got this helmet i thought that it was going to be good for the price but my cheap wallmart helmet is better than this one when i took it out on my busa the visor kept flying up when I was going 192 MPH it could of caused me to wreck very dangerous so (I DO NOT RECOMMENDED THIS HELMET FOR HIGH SPEEDS VERY POOR DESIGN)":lmao:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Well, now the Das Busa movement makes more sense. It was started as a safety measure.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pawn shop is the very last place I'd buy a helmet. Even free.

Then again, I'd never buy a used helmet.
In general that is probably good advice however since I'm a chick I get to find stuff that a guy bought for a rider that never wore it. Besides, this isn't about helmet integrity, it's about cheap safety equipment for going 192 mph.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
I still have my EXO-400, though I rarely use it now that I have a new Shoei Qwest. Not a bad lid, but why did you go used? You know you can pick a new one up online in places for super-duper dirt cheap?

FWIW, my visor never lifted on me at 192MPH. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts