Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm watching the SBK on SPEED and for the longest time I've wondered why the guy is F'in screaming all the time?? I mean that boy get's all sort of excited for everything! Attempted passes, actuall passes and damn near everything they do on the track.

What's this guys problem and do you find him enjoyable or annoying as Phuck!!!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Nexus242 said:
Okay so I'm watching the SBK on SPEED and for the longest time I've wondered why the guy is F'in screaming all the time?? I mean that boy get's all sort of excited for everything! Attempted passes, actuall passes and damn near everything they do on the track.

Well, he does get carried away... but when I watched the Laguna Seca MotoGP, it had American commentators... and they sucked and were very boring. I actually missed the crazy guy.

He probably doesn't get laid much, thats why he gets so riled up over people on motorbikes passing each other.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
I just tune them out and listen to the engines. Most of what they say seems to be stupid crap spoken in some kind of over-hyped, mumble-mouthed dialect, so why bother listening?

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
I watched the WSBK and WSS races with Army Girl's 10 y/o daughter today and she said the same thing. Me, I kind of like that they show some enthusiasm. I think NASCAR announcers have been a contributing factor to NASCAR's success. Enthusiasm is infectious. I don't like their obvious patriotic bias toward some riders i.e. Chris Walker, James Toseland, and Carl Fogarty. But, I probably would have a hard time trying not to make excuses for Ben Bostrom's shitty performance. Which do seem to finally be looking up. BTW, how on Earth could this possibly be happening to the man who shares the record for consecutive WSBK wins and a team (Renegade Koji Honda, formerly Renegade Ducati) that won races on a consistent basis last year?
Say what you will about WSBK, it delivers top-shelf racing with top-shelf riders day-in and day-out. Even better now that it seems to be out of its "Ducati Cup" phase.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nexus242 said:

Europeans yell at everything. LOL...Didn't mess up the watching for me at all. LOL

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DougZ said:
Europeans yell at everything. LOL...Didn't mess up the watching for me at all. LOL
Well I like the guys that do F1 auto racing coverage, David Hobb, Bob Varsa and some other english dude. No screaming, minor voice enflection but great commentary and on point every time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nexus242 said:
Okay so I'm watching the SBK on SPEED and for the longest time I've wondered why the guy is F'in screaming all the time??  I mean that boy get's all sort of excited for everything! Attempted passes, actuall passes and damn near everything they do on the track.

I love the guys doing Moto GP, there great. The best annoucers ever for all sports is Varsha, Machet & Hobbs though, and I think the guys doing World Superbike and AMA superbike are good too. I like guys that get excited and are pationate about the racing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Think that's nuts? Have you ever seen Latin soccer on Univision?

I don't mind them. I think that Americans, except for the NASCAR guys, are way too timid and don't have a good time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Vilrog said:
Think that's nuts?  Have you ever seen Latin soccer on Univision?

I don't mind them.  I think that Americans, except for the NASCAR guys, are way too timid and don't have a good time.
YOUR DAMN RIGHT I LOVE THE EUROPEANS, THATS WHY AMA IS GOOD THERE THE CLOSEST TO IT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts