Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Sayonara!

8K views 102 replies 53 participants last post by  VARIABLE9 
#1 ·
As a motorcyclist my entire riding career has been on Yamaha's, with the single exception of the 2006 SV650 that brought me here.

Possibly the lack of power, dated style, or the fact that (IMO) the SV needed so much tinkering to make it competitive ultimately brought me to trade the SV in yesterday and get this...

R1

I would be lying if I said that a motorbike like this R1 didn't make the SV look "Gay Balls".

Look at the accoutrements: Ohlins front and rear, PVM's, Speed Block paint scheme, powerful I4 liter engine.

For what it is, the SV is an OK motorbike, but I don't envision missing it any time soon.

Oh there have been those that have left the SV and SVR behind and say they have missed it - Not me.

Of all the motorbikes I have owned this R1 is by far the nicest, most focused, and most powerful!

Leaving the SV and SVR behind won't be a problem.

Sayonara!

See less See more
#69 ·
Yours, RD350's, dacklers, dubtec, DZC, Sams, solidONE, enrico, 636tony, and TJD and a number of other 'core' member responses like this are part of the reason when I do get my next ride, I will most certainly be hanging around. No offense if I missed anyone. I appreciate the wealth of experience and the sense of comraderie that the true enthusiast (read - non douchebag) base here has developed.

:eek: :thumbsup:
Congrats!
How'd your SV do on trade-in?
It wouldve been my SV +$9000!

You are gayballs. LOL

Congrats JP. Call me...I have to learn how you swing this one by the wife.
Black budget Doug, gotta have cash or a black ops bank account.

Heck with talk like that, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! :) :)

Just kidding, congrats on the new ride. I've ridden a few R1's and in my opinion they are way too much bike for the street.
I do love the R1's, I was hoping at some point in my career to get a nice 2000/2001 R1. A friend has one and I have some miles down on it, the nice thing is that you dont have to go 10/10's on it all the time like on a smaller engined machine.

I'd say congrats, but since you're leaving us, you probably won't read this.
I couldnt stay away.

^^^ he don't know him to well, do he? V9 does his share of 'tinkering.' Quite a large portion of "I got to modify stuff-itis" on his plate. Though with this one you probably don't want or really need to do anything to it.

This type of limited production bike suits you well, man. You know it's going to be well maintained and will probably still be in similar condition 10 years from now. Better than having some richboy get it for chistmas or a wanna be stunter practicing stoppies and crashing it before the the first oil change.
Yeah, a lot of these are sitting and not being ridden. Only 500 produced, that one pictured was #238 of 500. I saw it last week at a shop open house, and took a pic with my phone for a friend. After I sent it along to him I thought about AFDay and how I could work the picture in...the rest is my sarcastic enjoyment..

:);D

#6 ·
Heck with talk like that, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! :) :)

Just kidding, congrats on the new ride. I've ridden a few R1's and in my opinion they are way too much bike for the street.

#11 ·
^^^ he don't know him to well, do he? V9 does his share of 'tinkering.' Quite a large portion of "I got to modify stuff-itis" on his plate. Though with this one you probably don't want or really need to do anything to it.

This type of limited production bike suits you well, man. You know it's going to be well maintained and will probably still be in similar condition 10 years from now. Better than having some richboy get it for chistmas or a wanna be stunter practicing stoppies and crashing it before the the first oil change.

#10 ·
So, who is going to help RD350 out in the cool bike thread? You are such a douche! :D That has to be one of the top two paint schemes ever. If I thought I could even come close to handling that much bike, or they put that paint on a 400 SS version, I'd have one in a second.

#12 ·
That's not just a 50th aniversary edition, thats an LE. One of the most sought after latemodel sportbikes out there. and the last year the R1s looked really good. nice choice man, just be careful with it

#13 ·
Thats one of the few liter bikes I would ever consider owning. Mostly becuase of the paint job (I am a Yamaha man too as you well know)

****in sweeeet dude!

You should have it broken in by our August trackday!

Congratulations.

PS ... no need to leave the forum just because you bought the ultimate squid bike ... just kidding.

#16 ·
I'd trade my SV for an R1, but not for a looong time. The R1 is a really nice bike, I rode my friends and was just floored at the amount of power and speed. Little twist of the throttle and I was going double the speed limit! Way too much bike for me right now.

#17 ·
Congrats JP.

You should get the timing change. Two pistons firing at the same time like Rossi's GP bike and the new R1's. They have a very unique sound and are supposed to have better power . ( Like it needs better power haha )

Guess I gotta get my Dream HRC cbr1000rr now huh?

#18 ·
Variable, I can say that you will truly be missed here. You have always been really helpful to me and other members here looking for feedback on mechanical issues here.

Thanks for all of your help in the past and good luck with your new bike in the future.

#93 · (Edited)
What color was the balloon that was tied to the brake lever?

tk
That is a good question. I dont know, didnt even really notice it.

Thanks for the well wishes!

are you sure you can handle that much bike... I mean, you have been on a girly bike for so long. be careful.
No, I have been on a 2G which is NOT the girly version. You are thinking of the 1G.

****in sweeeet dude!

You should have it broken in by our August trackday!

Congratulations.
Have you seen one in person RD? It is uber sweet - so much that IF I had one, I could honestly say I wouldnt be riding it on the street with exception to one or two times a year. It would have to be a second or third in the stable. As for the August track day, still working on it!

Guess I gotta get my Dream HRC cbr1000rr now huh?
You are now one step closer than me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.