Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming back from vacation in the car today a TLR 1000 goes past at about 85. I look as the guy goes past and the thing is twitching every few seconds. I looked to see if he was putting in any steering inputs and I did'nt see anything . The thing is my wife even noticed. She says "My god whats wrong with that guys bike, he must be going to fast" I have been riding 25 years and have never seen any thing like it. I told her that thing can do at least 60 miles an hour faster and thats not the problem. I got behind him and tried to check out the tires but could'nt get a good look. The guy was an obvious squid so he probably thought it was normal.Any thouhgts on what it might have been? Previously wrecked? bad shocks?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rightly or wrongly, TLR's and TLS's were known for their twitchy handling and propensity for headshake. That may have had something to do with it. I dunno. :?:

Y

·
0 Posts
Thats what happens when you hard drop a bike 50,000 times from wheelies

Y

·
0 Posts
Seriously though TLRs and TLS's need suspension attention before they are friendly... but you say he was a squid, I just say abused bike.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, squid or no, TL's are wheelie happy, and sooner or later, they're going to need their head bearings replaced. Worn headbearings is my vote.

Was the road bumpy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts