Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her name is Elena Meyers.

This past weekend was our OMRRA races. Up from California was a 12-year old girl named Elena Meyers. She raced, and won, 125GP with her closest competition finishing more than half a lap back. In fact, she passed half the 650 class (SVs!) before the end of the race on her pink 125! It was hilarious watching this little girl embarrass a bunch of guys on bikes with 4 times the displacement with years of racing experience. Seriously, this was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

I managed to briefly meet her, and she was a very polite and bright (and talented!) young girl. Apparently she?s looking for a sponsor to race in Europe next season. So if you know anyone, getting their name on her bike is cheap now, it won't be in a few years.

Seriously though, remember the name? its not the last time you?ll hear it.

Anyway, here?s a vid of her weaving through 650s:

http://www.teamgenesisracing.com/video/misc/921_1d.wmv

And a random pic:

·
Registered
737 Posts
That is fookin' cool!

But, the other bikes didn't seem to be riding that hard really. Not taking away anything from an amazing 12 year old girl, but still I don't think the other bikes were really pushing at all.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Maritan said:
That is fookin' cool!

But, the other bikes didn't seem to be riding that hard really. Not taking away anything from an amazing 12 year old girl, but still I don't think the other bikes were really pushing at all.
were you there? that's a nice shot scotch tossed up. did you get any to share?

·
Registered
359 Posts
very cool!

Thats just cute! If I have a girl, that will be her! to hell with dance class! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Thats hott, I wish I were 12 years old, cause then, ya know :wink: .

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
evilbologna said:
Damn, and to think, people say the stuff I say is bad. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
stranger said:
DougZ said:
evilbologna said:
Damn, and to think, people say the stuff I say is bad. :wink: :lol:
yeah, well you leave out the "if i were 12" part. :p :lol:
NOT

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok you freaks, I'm usually all for hijacking, but no turning my "check out the cool 12 year old racer" thread into a "your a bigger pedophile than me" thread.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Scotch said:
Ok you freaks, I'm usually all for hijacking, but no turning my "check out the cool 12 year old racer" thread into a "your a bigger pedophile than me" thread.
Your thread get jacked, huh? Welcome to my world. :lol:

BTW, this is my last post in this thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maritan, I think it only looks like they're not flying because of the way the camera is moving with them. I would say they're moving pretty good though.

Scotch, thanks for the great clip, that 12 year old could ride circles around me. :oops: That's for sure.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Stranger - No, I wasn't there - I was commenting purely based on the video.

Scotch - In the second video, this guy wearing blue leathers on a yellow bike - he is not even hanging off his bike. Don't know... if I was in a race, even if I was an amateur I would at least try hanging off to some extent. I think something similar was going on with the guy in the first video.

Again, I do not want to take anything away from Elena. She is really really fast, no questions. More power to her.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I?ll explain the track a bit for those that are interested. Maybe give some perspective.

The track is PIR, here is a map: http://www.portlandraceway.com/graphics/BigMap2.gif

The all-vehicle track record was set this year, during our annual CHAMP car race. The time was about 1-minute I believe. Off the top of my head, the best of the open class supersport/superbike experts run around 9-10, not sure on the best 600SS?s (around 13s-14s I think), and this girl was in the 16s on a 125. Second place in her class was about 40 seconds back.

Turn 3, 4, 5 is a tuff section, at least for me. Its 3 fast corners, all with different entry speeds with two quick transitions. It?s hard to peg your speeds and get your knee down through all three.

Our local video maker extrodinaire, Live2day (from http://www.linesthemovie.com/), put together a short very well done video with some footage of the track. Available here if your interested:

http://www.linesthemovie.com/liv2day/pir_05.wmv

Yamaha was there earlier this year shooting the R6 and R1 demo. There is some good footage of 3-5 section in it if you curious to see how the pros run it:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelvideo/6/0/0/video.aspx

I'm not saying she's the fastest thing ever on 2-wheels. But she is 12. Just watching her have to sort of jump up on the bike during starts and almost dropping the bike when she got off because she couldn't touch, then going and smoking all the guys was great.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts