Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil and filter change, lube the chain, and clean it up a bit. Good until on into the summer. Get it off the stands later on this evening and ready to go in the morning. Hopefully get some footage for a Friday Ride Video..馃檪
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
2000 SV650 N
Man that's a good looking bike MO. I love gen2 S's, and you've got her packaged with all the right goodies.

Reactions: MOHillbilly

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man that's a good looking bike MO. I love gen2 S's, and you've got her packaged with all the right goodies.
Thank you! I've got one main upgrade still to do.. Brakes.
Have a set of CBR600 calipers and an R6 (Brembo) master cylinder to put on it later on this summer. Weather is starting to come around here, so can hopefully get out and get some stuff done.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a sweet looking gen2.
Looking forward to hearing your take on the brake upgrade as I am considering similar upgrade.
Going to try to get the calipers cleaned up and the pistons blown out of them this week sometime. Fingers crossed the master doesn't need rebuilding too. 2014 model so hoping.. Then I'll see how everything fits together. Banjo bolt on the master being main item that may be different (thread size/pitch). Think the ones on the calipers are the same..

Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
I just had to do this job on my neighbor's Hayabusa last night. He had lots of brake drag and a few pistons were pretty stuck. After doing 6-piston calipers I'm rather looking forward to the simplicity of my 2-pot Nissins. We got all of them though, it took a while between turning the pistons, PB blaster, and hitting them with compressed air, but they all came out with a bang.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts