Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to the International Motorcycle show in Greenville sc this weekend. it was pretty awesome. suzuki had the Gladius there. Bike is alot lower than my sv650, seems as if the wheelbase is smaller too. Its probably a fun little bike, I love the headlight but just too small for a big guy like me. i'm 6'1" and 2403s. Id look like a bear riding a tricycle on it

·
Registered
740 Posts
I sat on one a week ago as well. The ergonomics are far too cramped for me; at 5'11", 160, I was very uncomfortable. I had always given the Gladius the benefit of the doubt, but after sitting on it I don't like it at all. As the owner of both an SV and a miata, I don't take such things lightly, but the Gladius does seem best suited for a girl, or at least someone in the 5'6" range. Perhaps it would be a fun, tossable little machine if it had clipons.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I like the 5 spoke rear wheel.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Yeah you look huge on that thing like your on one of those pocket bikes. Hmmm I'll keep note of that since I'm 6'2"

·
Registered
36 Posts
so i went to the International Motorcycle show in Greenville sc this weekend. it was pretty awesome. suzuki had the Gladius there. Bike is alot lower than my sv650, seems as if the wheelbase is smaller too. Its probably a fun little bike, I love the headlight but just too small for a big guy like me. i'm 6'1" and 2403s. Id look like a bear riding a tricycle on it
interesting, at 5'6" i'm kinda curious how i'd fit on one of them...on a black one of course! the other overtly-metrosexual blue/white color scheme is awful.

·
Registered
61 Posts
supposedly thats a five inch wheel out back....what one of the reps told me when we where talking about it ......feels and looks kinda cheep (to me) maybe I just like the old naked's better

·
Registered
513 Posts
Haha I was there too. I sat on it and was like no, got off and was looking at it and was like this just looks cheap and plastic. (the lower piece of the frame) Grabbed it... oh... it is plastic.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i really wanted to like it, but its just too small for me. I actually liked the looks of it, I dunno. I sat on the new ducati monsters and they seemed tiny as well. but omg were they beautiful

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Haha I was there too. I sat on it and was like no, got off and was looking at it and was like this just looks cheap and plastic. (the lower piece of the frame) Grabbed it... oh... it is plastic.
plastic comes off. In fact, I think the frame looks great without that plastic cover. Rest of the bike needs some love as well.

The guys who did the LRG gladius took off the plastic frame piece.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It looks better with the plastic off. Maybe if you just tore a bunch of stuff OFF the bike it would look better. It's almost like that kid that just tries wayyy to hard and its painfully obvious he failed miserably.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I sat on the gladius over the weekend and it was nice. Similar to the xb9 buell. Geometry seems better, bike feels easier to control.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Little bikes are much more fun only problem with the gladius is that it got a dry weight off 202kg/445ibs and that's pretty heavy.

And it's a girls bike ;D
That's curb weight...fully fueled and ready to ride. I figure that's about 15~20# heavier than my S model. Where did the extra heft come from? The chassis? Exhaust? The Mongolian headlamp?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I sat on the gladius over the weekend and it was nice. Similar to the xb9 buell. Geometry seems better, bike feels easier to control.
Have you ever ridden an XB9/XB12? Awesome bikes. Kinda pricey new, but they are steals used. I've had a couple of them and like them as much as my SV's. They definitely have a different feel. On the XB's you feel like you are sitting right on top of the front wheel. It takes a little getting used to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts