Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sargent, Gerbings, 2°C (35.6°F), a pink Gladius and a "Hell Yeah" all in one thread.

So, I'm in Toronto (for a week, I usually reside and work in Northern British Columbia, where it's like -20 and dumping snow). Last summer, I rode my bike to Toronto and stored it at my mom's garage.

Saturday, I pulled out the battery to charge it. Sunday, I was too busy, but today...today was the day!

I pulled the bike out, dusted off the cob webs, and got at 'er.

first things first, start the bike. No problems. Sputtered a couple times in the first five minutes and the clutch was sticking with the cold oil. 10 minutes down, and the bike's warmed up and spinning like a top.

in that time, I installed my newly delivered Sargent seat.

Tested the lights, added a couple psi front and back, and did the good ol' walk around.

Well, I need oil. My friend said she stores her bike (and her b/f's) at suzuki newmarket (people from the GTA will know of this place), so I headed there.

When I left, the thermometer said 1°C, but there was no ice on the roads, and they were suprisingly clear of dirt and salt.

First impressions: I slide on the Sargent seat a lot. I accelerate, and my ass slides to the back haha. Took some getting used to, but pretty soon, it was a non-issue. It's been about five months since I sat on the bike, so it's hard to do a side by side comparo to the stock seat, but I can tell you this, I am super happy with it. It's definitely more comfortable.

I have a gerbings jacket liner. I can never find it on their website, but their model name for it is "JLT" or something. It's the long sleeved jacket liner. Anyways, I have the little dial that lets me set the temps, and boy is it handy. I set it pretty low at first, but slowly cranked it up. I think by the end of it, I was at about 60%. I was wearing a t-shirt, the gerbings liner, a hoodie (provided no heat), and my leather jacket.

OMG, gerbings was awesome. I was nice and toasty. Gotta figure something out for the neck though. My neck was pretty cold.

So, I got to the dealership and picked up my oil. then went up to the accessories and toys department. resisted the urge to spend more money haha. I was chatting with the young lad in accesories, and we eventually got to the gladius. "Hey, we just got one in, wanna check it out? it's out back"

I know there's numerous threads about the gladius, and i don't want to beat a dead horse, and i already posted in the gladius forum....so, i'm just going to leave it at this: i was really impressed.

Oh, I also wore my hi-viz vest, as I don't think cagers are used to seeing bikers this time of year. I can't believe how well it worked. At stop lights, people actually avoided waiting behind me. I felt super visible. I am very pleased with how visible I was.

anyways, this all concludes with a "Hell Yeah, it's good to be riding again!"

I think I got just over 100 kms (including getting lost in newmarket) this afternoon, and I think the high was 3°C.

:fiddy::rock::vroom::vroom:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Re: Sargent, Gerbings, 2°C (35.6°F), a pink Gladius and a "Hell Yeah" all in one thre

For your neck, get a warm neck gaiter that has some windproofing on at least the front part. I tend to wear a thin balaclava, and then a thicker windproof neck gaiter over it when it gets cold and I ride for long periods of time.

My Sargent was really slippery when I first got it, but after breaking it in a bit my bum sticks to it better.

Glad you're out and about again!

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Re: Sargent, Gerbings, 2°C (35.6°F), a pink Gladius and a "Hell Yeah" all in one thre

My Gerbrings goes up to my chin, very nice for keeping the neck warm. If not get a nice Balaclava like Frick said. I've got one with Gortex and Windstopper material, best one I've found yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Pink Gladius? I am unfulfilled now. *sniffle* I was thinking there'd be pics =(

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

no camera!

(rookie mistake!)

apologies for the lack of pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts