Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently rode through Santiago Canyon for my first time in my 05 SV650S and it was a blast for me since I've only been riding on the street and freeway to work ever since I got my license a couple months ago. I took it easy of course and just cruised through. I went through Silverado Canyon road and thought that it was a lot of low speed fun for me albeit much narrower than the main road. Also, went by Cook's corner and rode through Live Oak Canyon road which was fun as well, but being my first time there, I was freaking out a bit at the 2 sharp corners near the end.

Having really never explored anywhere else there, are there any other routes anyone can suggest through there or are these routes the main ones that are ridden through? I'm not too knowledgeable about other areas to ride as well, so if there's any suggestions that are nearby in the OC area, I'd love to see them!

·
Chief Greeter
28,174 Posts
Hi deewreck, That is a good road to practice on since you just started riding.

Riding PCH down to San Clemente or up to LB is also a nice ride.

Ortega Hwy 74 is good but it is a commuting road so the time of day that you ride it is important.

The closest moderate canyon ride is Hwy 39 Azusa Rd which takes you to Crystal Lake.

For a really twisty canyon ride would be Glendora Mountain Road.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely look into those roads for future rides. My cousin just got his motorcycle (GSXR600) so we will probably go together and get comfortable on Santiago Canyon since it seems mild. He wanted to go through PCH so we were thinking about going down PCH until Laguna Beach area and heading straight to El Toro road and into the canyon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts