Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaving Friday to take a trip of a lifetime .....going to SF meeting up with a friend with a R6 Im renting a BMW1200S from werentmotorcycles. Jack has some of the nicest rental bikes Ive ever seen....lineup includes Traverston VREX in the fast and furious movie bada$$, busa and several other highend bikes.

So I am getting the BMW my twin bro is getting ZZR600 (weak but cheaper) and we are going to ride Sat and Sunday throughout the SF area. Monday we leave in a car :( to stay at Yosmite NP and stay the night, take pictures then hit the other NP on the way to Vegas. Thursday is my older bros bachelor party and Sat is the wedding.

Cant wait Ill let you know how the roads in SF go! Now I just need to stay focused at work for 4 days haha

Mark

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Great. Let us know what you think of the beemer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back from Trip in SF, Yosemite, and Vegas

Rented the bikes on Saturday (ended up with the BMW K1200S and 09 Hayabusa :) )

Saturday started in Vacaville CA ....took some nice road to Lake Baryessa **beautiful
From there we went through Napa Valley then to Skaggs Hwy to Hwy 1

Out to the most amazing road I have ever been on 9Skaggs) and when I was riding on it I thought I had deja vu (dreams about this trip)

It was back and forth for 25 plus miles through the mountains overlooking valleys and lakes
the road was two lanes with wide shoulders so plenty of room and the sweepers were not too sharp but curves of a goodess....the road narrowed and went through some more up and down climbing through to the coast Hwy 1 ....right before we made it to 1 we went through a thick forest with the sunlight shining through the trees ....then bam the ocean with rocky coast line huge waves and more amazing roads back and forth following the contour of the land.

Overall the BMW and the Busa were great (very impressed with the BMW)
11 hrs in the saddle first day and 9 the second ...sore but worth it

I will post pic soon

ENJOY

1 - 7 of 7 Posts