Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

561 - 580 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
In the three years (going on 4 now) that I've lived in San Diego I have never been up to Palomar. I usually just head up to Julian. There's many great roads up that way. Am I missing something?

No, just a nice little twisty section and a good place to eat at the top (and bottom for that matter). Julian is an awesome ride too. Really that whole area is packed full of awesome stretches of road. I was just wondering of any other SVR members go up that way. Usually it's just the two us riding SVs up there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
435 Posts
idywild is supposed to be a pretty fun ride as well, ortega hwy for sure...we did lake cuyamaca the other weekend and that was a BLAST. Palomar im hesitant to go to as I hear alot of squid like to send it a little to fast up there. And I get alot of my car buddies sayin the go wreck that mountain. Id hate to have a car takin a corner to fast take me out

·
Registered
319 Posts
idywild is supposed to be a pretty fun ride as well, ortega hwy for sure...we did lake cuyamaca the other weekend and that was a BLAST. Palomar im hesitant to go to as I hear alot of squid like to send it a little to fast up there. And I get alot of my car buddies sayin the go wreck that mountain. Id hate to have a car takin a corner to fast take me out

I've been up there the last few weekends and it's been pretty tame. We usually like to go earlier in the morning to avoid most of the traffic and the would be racers.

If you think palomar is bad, don't ever go to mulholland.

·
Registered
319 Posts
forgive me but, mulholland????

Oh, mulholland drive. It's a famous road near the Santa Monica mountains. TONS of people crash there and treat it like a race track. I've been there a few times and it was a good time. Cars constantly vier into the oncoming lane.

Rnickeymouse has a YouTube channel documenting some of the many crashes and bad drivers on that road.

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
So I just got hit again. I was at the traffic lights on 54th street and El Cajon Blvd. I was stopped. There was a brand-new Ford pickup in the left lane and he suddenly veered right into me. There's no way in hell he didn't know he hit me, as he ran over my shoulder. It isn't broken, but it hurts like hell. What realle gets me is I just got the SV repainted. I've had it on the road all of 2 days. Sucks to be me.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
So I just got hit again. I was at the traffic lights on 54th street and El Cajon Blvd. I was stopped. There was a brand-new Ford pickup in the left lane and he suddenly veered right into me. There's no way in hell he didn't know he hit me, as he ran over my shoulder. It isn't broken, but it hurts like hell. What realle gets me is I just got the SV repainted. I've had it on the road all of 2 days. Sucks to be me.
There are some accidents which are at least understandable, but that it not one of them. I hope that you collect all of your expenses and plenty for pain, suffering, and inconvenience.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What's up San Diego. I just got my new-used-wrecked SV a couple weeks ago. It's still in work, but, I think I have all the parts I need now. Hopefully I'll meet some other SV riders soon.
:vroom:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dang that sucks. Glad you're alright.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
What's up San Diego. I just got my new-used-wrecked SV a couple weeks ago. It's still in work, but, I think I have all the parts I need now. Hopefully I'll meet some other SV riders soon.
:vroom:
Are you able to collect damages from the driver who ran into you?

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I guess I killed this thread...
It goes dead from time to time, but it's better than the SoCal SVR site. I tried that for months and it wasn't nearly as amazing as our site!

Of course now I don't have time for either. Still loyal to my SVs though:)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
There are some accidents which are at least understandable, but that it not one of them. I hope that you collect all of your expenses and plenty for pain, suffering, and inconvenience.
LOL Yeah, how do you collect anything from an A$$hole who takes off? As usual, the fix is gonna come out of my own pocket. At least there wasn't any sustained physical damage to me, thanks to my gear. The bike has minimal damage due to the frame sliders. A potato sized dent in the tank, and a broken shift lever. My bar-end mirror wasn't even broken.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
LOL Yeah, how do you collect anything from an A$$hole who takes off? As usual, the fix is gonna come out of my own pocket. At least there wasn't any sustained physical damage to me, thanks to my gear. The bike has minimal damage due to the frame sliders. A potato sized dent in the tank, and a broken shift lever. My bar-end mirror wasn't even broken.
What I hadn't realized from your previous posts was that the bloke had not been caught. Since that the case, most likely he will get off Scott-free.

561 - 580 of 619 Posts