Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know someone who sells a safety wiring kit (pre-drilled bolts etc.) for a 2005 650s.
I found a kit offered by Ed Bargy but it doesn't say what years it covers and doesn't seem too complete.

Also, I prefer to support board members and sponsors. ;)

I know I could do it myself but I don't have a drill press or a place to put a drill press; and building jigs for my hand drill seems dangerous and time consuming.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
jacob, are you planning on racing soon? 8)

·
Registered
537 Posts
i've replaced 3 drill bits drilling out just about every required bolt for 4 of my bikes w/ a hand drill. it can be done but it is time consuming. once you're on a roll, it can be fun too

tastynuts.com(?) IIRC is a site that sells predrilled bolts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys but can anyone actually answer my question ;)
(other than mstingray)

lkm, yes, I'd like to race soon.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cookie said:
Yep www.tastynuts.com sell pre-drilled bolts if you know the size of bolt you want and loads of nice titanium bits for the sv. I think www.demon-tweeks.com also sell bolts but there more on the car side of things. Cant find anywhere that sells full kits just for the sv though :(
If you get stuck you could always invest in one of these!
What exactly is that and where did it come from? It looks like a template for use with a hand drill. Am I right? Where did you get it?

I can't believe that SV race shop dosen't sell a kit. hint hint ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I mean I can see it but i can't click anything. it's like it just one big picture.

*edit* you can't use firefox.... i got it now

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The ed bargy kit barely scratches the surface of what needs to be wired for CMRA. I can't believe that a complete kit isn't available for an 05svs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Try www.mcmaster.com since they sell bolts pre-drilled for safety wire. I am not sure what they have in metric, you will have to look.

So the idea is take out the bolt, figure out the length and thread size, and order a replacement from McMaster with the hole drilled. It is not a 'kit' but you will get there (if they have metric pre-drilled bolts).

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really appreciate it mstingray, if I don't come up with a way to get it done a little closer to home, Dallas Texas, I may take you up on that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.