Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been securing some more stuff on the SV and I still need to wire oil lines and silicone the gallery plugs. How many gallery plugs are there and which bolts/plugs are they? Looks like there is one allen head plug on the bottom, and looking through my manual it says a bolt on the shifter side between the two oil line bolts is the "main oil gallery." Is there anything else, and should I silicone stuff like the crank hole and timing window?

I think I read the oil line bolts can just be drilled through on the bike. Just wanted to be sure before I ruin a banjo bolt.

This is all being done per WERA tech on a pointy sv, if it matters.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i drilled all my stuff on the bike for oil gallery bolts. and yes to the large allen on the magneto cover - would hurt to wire that too. They are both siliconed and wired. when in doubt - wire it. Don't forget the oil lines on the other side and the radiator cap etc. Basically if it holds fluid you have to wire it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Messed around with it today during an oil change and all told it was pretty easy. Just started unbolting stuff on the bottom and siliconing... probably about 7 bolts plus the timing windows. Lines were easy enough to drill in place. Agh can't wait for the season!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts