Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed my Yosh TRS system and they (Yoshimura) recommned safety wiring the exhaust springs.
I'm pretty compotent with a pair of safety wire pliers but this isn't obvious to me.

If I wire it so the spring can't expand then I'm pretty much defeating the purpose of the spring, correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I've raced a couple seasons and have never heard of safety wiring exhaust springs.

Exhaust fasteners had to be wired but not springs... which is why most aftermarket exhausts use springs ;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
You run the wire around one spring mount and twist a section long enough to pass through the spring then attach to the opposite spring mount, leave a little slack and your done. If the spring falls off or breaks from fatigue, the parts will still be attached, not laying the the track surface. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Duc.
Exactly what I needed.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
DucOwner said:
You run the wire around one spring mount and twist a section long enough to pass through the spring then attach to the opposite spring mount, leave a little slack and your done. If the spring falls off or breaks from fatigue, the parts will still be attached, not laying the the track surface.   ;)
I got schooled :-[
(ya learn somethign new every day!).

PS. Who requires it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yoshimura recommends it.
OMRRA and PSSR give it 2 thumbs up but don't require it at this point.

J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts