Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This story is sad and scary at the same time.  I work not too far from where this happened.  It will make you think twice about road rage.  I truly question any more where humanity is headed.  At the beach resorts they have also had something like 3-5 people on bicycles hit and killed where the driver has run as well.

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=3729178&ClientType=Printable

·
Registered
170 Posts
SAD...

The Harley guys had a perfect right to be angry, but it just shows that you just cannot win on a motorcycle in a confrontation with a car/truck/van.......no way.....no how.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I certainly agree that guy should spend the rest of his life rotting in jail.  But had the guy on the Harley been wearing a helmet he may still be living...
No Helmet, No chance. :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
wow... what a prick. He's gunna be someone's bitch judging by his looks... 40 years of butt sex can really change a man!!! Do they have an old sparky in De.?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I'll have to check to see if we still do. Wow, thats not far from where I used to live before I joined the airforce. Who loses that kind control to go and rear end a motorcycle. Not that they were in the right but shit. :mad:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not saying they deserved it by any means, but the Harley guys definately caused the incident to escalate. They kicked the mirror off? The suburban guy should fry, but they also should have calmed down. If they had jsut taken it in stride, one might be alive and both might not be injured.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Exactly, they didn't help them selves by trying to get back at the suburban driver. Still the guy in the suburban should have thought more than to think it was ok to run them over. If he was that ass hurt by them approaching him then he should have reported it to the police, not tried to kill them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just because the guys on the Harleys kicked off the guy's mirror doesn't give Suburban guy the justification to ram them.

I don't think "road rage" is an appropriate term, because it implies that the incidents on the road caused this.

Nope.

The weasel in the Suburban decided to turn around, chase them down, and ram them.

This isn't "road rage." To my mind there is no such thing as "road rage.

This is choosing/ deciding to be an idiot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I always wear my helmet and all, but the lack of helmets had nothing to do with anything in this situation and the piss-ant "reporter" should have stuck to relevant facts. Even some of you guys jumped to the conclusion that the lack of a helmet had anything to do with the death of this man. There is nothing in the story to indicate that. Just another conclusion jumped-to by the safety nazi's among us.

Mr. Miller should have gotten out and pounded the Harley guy that kicked his truck or if he wasn't able, just been man enough to walk away. He was in no danger when he attacked the motorcyclists. Prison will teach him all about people with tempers, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts