Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive had a nakedized S (first gen) for a while now and have just tucked all the lengthy wiring behind my flyscreen. Im looking to run truly naked now and drop the flyscreen but I have about 2 feet or wiring to take care of. Ive heard of pulling it back under the tank but it seems as though that would not be as easy as it sounds. What have people done to take care of the S wiring harness that has worked well? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I tried to trim mine up and resolder the wiring back together, but that didn't work as well as I had planned. It's better, but my plan is to eventually buy some cheap pod filters off eBay (giving you MUCH more room under the tank) and moving it all back there.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What sort of problems did you have resoldering? Looking at my 3 feet of harness makes me think that would be the best idea for where I am right now. I guess putting the pod filters on makes me think I would have to then screw with jetting etc.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Installing pod filters would be a walk in the park compared to resoldering your entire wiring harness. Getting rid of all that excess wiring is not as simple and straightforward as it appears.

Pod filters would simply involve lifting the tank up, pulling out the airbox, and sliding on the new filters. They eBay ones get pretty crappy flow (or so I'm told) so I wouldn't expect enough of a difference to require rejetting.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
If you shortened the wires, and crimped on new blades (assuming you can find them) to the connectors, would they all fit in the headlamp like the 'regular' naked?

It's a major PITA, but it's possible to take the blades out of the connectors, pry them off of the wires and crimp them back on. You're fooked if you break one though - takes patience and a steady hand.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the response, but any electrical advice including "youre fooked if" scares me lol. I can do decent mechanical services but I dont have a lot of experience with electrical applications.

·
Registered
917 Posts
i used to have an S now its a fighter with absolutely no wires to be had in the front all the front harness is simply folded in between the cylinders pain to do but its worth the clean look
dont mind the ugly its the cheapest parts after a crash but she is clean as ****

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Appreciate the response, but any electrical advice including "youre fooked if" scares me lol. I can do decent mechanical services but I dont have a lot of experience with electrical applications.
Not totally fooked. Just means you should find the blades instead of try to coax them apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts