Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys n gals. I converted my 2003 to Naked and I have a few questions for the all knowing.

1) I am using a Vapor and would like to get rid of the stock speed sensor and wire. Is there a spacer dust cap combo that would take care of this? I don't really want to just cut the wire off as it unit is in good shape.

2) I picked up some Dominator headlights and would like to plug them into the stock harness. Is there anywhere that sells plugs so I don't have to hack up the stock harness or cut off the plug from my S headlights?

3) Do the N models have this casting on the front of the frame? I want to mount the Dominators as tight to the frame as I can but the S fairing mount is sticking out. I am considering cutting it off. Thoughts?

·
very big dumb
9,048 Posts
aztec8 makes brackets for headlights.
i think you're supposed to mount them to the forks not the frame?
wouldn't cut that off in case you decide to go back to fairing at some point

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
you can use electrical spades to connect your dominators directly to the stock plug.

just find the right size (i forget which side is male/female.)

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Yes it does. If you were closer to me I'd trade radiators with you. The N radiator has a cap instead of a peice of rubber tubing.

My bike was an N and I converted it to S.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it does. If you were closer to me I'd trade radiators with you. The N radiator has a cap instead of a peice of rubber tubing.

My bike was an N and I converted it to S.
That would be nice. The tube sticking up is fugly! My rad is a little banged up from the PO.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That would be nice. The tube sticking up is fugly! My rad is a little banged up from the PO.
There is a little dimple in my plastics where the radiator cap protrudes. I had to cover it with a piece of foam so it still rubs but isn't as noticeable.

If you haven't already, get some motosliders. The '03 rads stick out 1/2" more on each side than the '04+ rads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts