Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a friend who is going to import some H4 HID projectors for his FJC. I was wondering if the projectors will fit in my SV650S housing since they're H4s too. Below is the dimension of the H4 HID projectors, basically I'm asking is the depth of housing at least 4" (10cm) deep so that I can open up the housing and insert these projectors.

On the FJC (H4 headlights) these are direct bolt-on, so I'm assuming the SV650S will be the same. All you have to do is take apart the housing and insert these in from the front. If someone knows the dimensions of the housing then I'll give this a try. Hope so!

Thanks,
TJ

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
post some pics after you're done! might be a new project for me if its easy. mav, did you have to cook your headlights to get them apart or is this just a simple bulb replacement deal?
Will do, might be a few weeks though. I hope its easy too, I will have to cook the housing to take them apart but hopefully that won't be so bad.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
200°F for 10 minutes to bake them apart. Dremel a hole in the reflector shells to mount the projectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts