Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rooting for the president to fail less than a month into his first term is simply rooting for America to fail. The people overwhelmingly voted Obama into office. Democracy spoke and Rush’s “team” got their asses handed to them. His response? Crying like a baby and hoping, wishing, for failure. Not unlike the mad child who wants everyone to just die.

The rabid base might like this, but I think the general public has had enough of right-wing crap. I’m guessing if a Democrat were spouting off like he repeatedly has, Rush would be screaming “treason” at the top of his lungs.

He’s a hypocritical fool and always has been, but rarely quite this naked about it. I’ve always thought Rush played purely for ratings. He might believe some of the ******** he throws out there, and he probably doesn’t believe some of it. It’s all merely a tool for ratings.

I do think at this point he is hurting the GOP. If his voice is the main voice of the Republican Party as the media and party members have said, the GOP is in a sorrier place than even I have opined about. And I’ve been pretty tough on the party since McCain chose Palin as a running mate.
From the link:
Rush Limbaugh caused a bit of a stir about a month ago, when he told his audience, “I disagree fervently with the people on our [Republican] side of the aisle who have caved and who say, ‘Well, I hope [President Obama] succeeds.’ … I hope Obama fails. Somebody’s gotta say it.”

The right-wing host went on a similar tirade yesterday when talking about the economic recovery package: “I want everything he’s doing to fail… I want the stimulus package to fail…. I do not want this to succeed.”

Limbaugh is, without ambiguity, rooting for failure. In the midst of an economic crisis, Limbaugh quite openly admitted that if Obama’s economic policies are successful, it would undermine the talk-show host’s worldview. As such, Limbaugh wants desperately to see more Americans suffer, more workers unemployed, more businesses close up shop. The key here is philosophy — if government spending can stimulate the economy, as it always does, then the right is wrong. Limbaugh would much prefer a suffering nation than a reevaluation of conservative ideas.
http://davidkirkpatrick.wordpress.com/2009/02/16/rush-limbaugh-traitor/

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
He's an egomaniacial idiot. To paraphrase Fatass, its just his turn to go on the offensive now that the Dems are in power. Its the circle of life. Also he's grotesquely fat.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
I wish failure on no one but the spending package WILL fail. It is counter-intuitive to free market economics and unfortunately, no one realizes this.

Ask yourself where that $800B is coming from and maybe, just maybe, if that brain turns on, you might be pizzed to realize the truth.

·
Registered
683 Posts
lol. When Rush does it, it's treason.

When Franken, Garofalo, the main stream media, and every other bolshevik in the US does it it's dissent, which naturally is the highest form of patriotism. Right up until your guy is in office.

phucking spare me.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I don't recall any of those folks openly rooting for failure when failure has the dire consequences that failure of the economic recovery plan has.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
I don't recall any of those folks openly rooting for failure when failure has the dire consequences that failure of the economic recovery plan has.
What are those again?

People have forgotten value correction. Number of shares stays the same. Value changes.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
See the OP. Last paragraph.
...government spending can stimulate the economy, as it always does...
Where does the gov't get it's money to spend again?

The smaller the discrepancy we can make between April and July, the better.
(april, when you've paid all of your taxes)
(july, how much longer we'd have to pay taxes to afford the gov't we have)

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Where does the gov't get it's money to spend again?

The smaller the discrepancy we can make between April and July, the better.
(april, when you've paid all of your taxes)
(july, how much longer we'd have to pay taxes to afford the gov't we have)
Seriously dude? I'm not even sure where you're going with this but you can't be that obtuse to not realize that failing to stimulate the economy will result in many folks losing jobs and not being able to support their families.

If you're trying to argue that market corrections happen....you win. But if you're gonna quote my posts at least try to respond to the issue in my posts.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
I hope that all of them fail to the point where there is a complete revamp of DC where there is not a single career-politician. We need n00bs in office asking the important questions like, "what octane should I use," and "will my SV 'splode if I wheelie too far?"

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think some things may have been misconstrued.
The right-wing host went on a similar tirade yesterday when talking about the economic recovery package: “I want everything he’s doing to fail… I want the stimulus package to fail…. I do not want this to succeed.”
I totally agree. I wanted the stimulus packages to fail. I want his healthcare reform to fail. This doesn't mean I want Obama to do horrible things to this country; quite the opposite, in fact. I really, really wish Obama could achieve HUGE approval ratings, because this might indicate he's doing something right.

·
Registered
276 Posts
/rant on

Does anyone really believe that the Federal Government cares whether you have a job or not? All any of them care about are getting re-elected. If they cared about jobs in this country, they would stop sending so much money over seas to prop up countries that most Americans would put way down the list of priorities.

If they care about jobs in America, please explain NAFTA to me, and all of the high paying jobs that were once in the US, that are now in Mexico.

Its not my responsibility to bail out the banks, the insurance companys, and GM/Chrysler/maybe Ford too. If I fail to make good decisions, no one is going to come bail me out, and no one should. If I lose my job, sending money to Guam isn't going to help me get another one. Putting extra money into monitoring Volcanos isn't going to help either. If they want to help, tax the hell out of American companys that send thier facilities across the border, or overseas, to the point that its cheaper to bring those jobs back home.

So I want this crap to fail too. Miserably. Maybe just maybe someone will learn something from a history lesson that will benefit us somewhere down the road. I don't feel obligated to provide health care for anyone other than myself and my family. If I had all the tax money that I have paid in, that has been spent on pork and hand-outs to ungrateful, nonproductive individuals and entities, in this country and others, I could afford a much better standard of living. It would be nice to see a lifetime of hardwork and sacrifice be rewarded, and to feel like Working extra hard would provide extra benefits. At this point it doesn't. Ordinary people bust thier a$$ all thier lives, just to get by. Then folks like Madoff, Citigroup, AIG, Enron, et al, get away with bilking billions of dollars away from citizens, destroying lifetimes of work, first with illegal and/or unethical practices. And then, the Government not only fails to impose meaningful punishment on these criminals, they instead want to bilk somemore money out of our pockets with a corrupt and unfair tax system, and hand that to the same criminals and morons the screwed everyone in the first place. Nothing will CHANGE in this country, until the government begins to feel the anger of the people and begins to respect it a lot, and fear it a little bit too.

We need an uprising. A mob of people needs to drag Madoff and these CEOs out of thier penthouses, and impale them on lamp posts, with a note attached, saying that if DC doesn't straighten its act up, we are going there next.

/rant off

Wow, I feel better now.

Dan

______

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
/rant on

Does anyone really believe that the Federal Government cares whether you have a job or not? All any of them care about are getting re-elected. If they cared about jobs in this country, they would stop sending so much money over seas to prop up countries that most Americans would put way down the list of priorities.

If they care about jobs in America, please explain NAFTA to me, and all of the high paying jobs that were once in the US, that are now in Mexico.

Its not my responsibility to bail out the banks, the insurance companys, and GM/Chrysler/maybe Ford too. If I fail to make good decisions, no one is going to come bail me out, and no one should. If I lose my job, sending money to Guam isn't going to help me get another one. Putting extra money into monitoring Volcanos isn't going to help either. If they want to help, tax the hell out of American companys that send thier facilities across the border, or overseas, to the point that its cheaper to bring those jobs back home.

So I want this crap to fail too. Miserably. Maybe just maybe someone will learn something from a history lesson that will benefit us somewhere down the road. I don't feel obligated to provide health care for anyone other than myself and my family. If I had all the tax money that I have paid in, that has been spent on pork and hand-outs to ungrateful, nonproductive individuals and entities, in this country and others, I could afford a much better standard of living. It would be nice to see a lifetime of hardwork and sacrifice be rewarded, and to feel like Working extra hard would provide extra benefits. At this point it doesn't. Ordinary people bust thier a$$ all thier lives, just to get by. Then folks like Madoff, Citigroup, AIG, Enron, et al, get away with bilking billions of dollars away from citizens, destroying lifetimes of work, first with illegal and/or unethical practices. And then, the Government not only fails to impose meaningful punishment on these criminals, they instead want to bilk somemore money out of our pockets with a corrupt and unfair tax system, and hand that to the same criminals and morons the screwed everyone in the first place. Nothing will CHANGE in this country, until the government begins to feel the anger of the people and begins to respect it a lot, and fear it a little bit too.

We need an uprising. A mob of people needs to drag Madoff and these CEOs out of thier penthouses, and impale them on lamp posts, with a note attached, saying that if DC doesn't straighten its act up, we are going there next.

/rant off

Wow, I feel better now.

Dan

______
Legally I can not say that I agree with you at all but down inside I think we all know...

Why wasn't there upheaval when the politician from new york said [yes, there's pork spending but American's DON'T CARE]? We really must not care.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Schumer. god I hate him.

·
Registered
521 Posts

/rant off

Wow, I feel better now.

Dan

______
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
/rant on

/rant off

Wow, I feel better now.

Dan

______
Got my torch and pitchfork at the ready. PM me when we start.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts