Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the SV up to Jasper Arkansas last weekend for the midsouth rally. Normally I ride it in pretty laid back conditions i.e. Dallas Traffic and speed trap areas so you can imagine it doesn't get pushed to the limit very often.

However, I took her up to AR and road the crap out of her for 4 days straight. Higher RPMs is what I'm trying to get at.

Now when I'm back in Dallas she doesn't seem to want to preform well going slow, it seems like to get any kind of responsiveness out of the bike I have to be hammering on it.

I have an idea of why it's doing it, but what would I need to look into to fix it. Or better yet, re-tune it for boring Dallas riding?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
are you sure you're not just used to riding it hard with a lot of throttle and high rpms for the past 4 days? i notice that after riding through the twisties at 50 and 60 that going with the flow of traffic in the city at 30 seems like i'm walking...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Maybe check or replace ur plugs. How many miles, and how long since last maintenance? I don't have too many miles on mine (16k) but right before my maint. It wasn't running sp great unless I was heavy on throttle. Did the maint. and plugs were part of it. Then it ran like new again. I constantly ride the **** out of it like from 8k to redline. Twisties r 1/4 mile from my house and I don't commute, just scratch :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts