Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um, wow. I have a full yoshimura system, dynojet kit, and it ran fine before.....Till I blew up the motor and had it rebuilt. SO now I got the new motor in the bike, and it's broken in. The problem is around 9K is it feels like it hits a brick wall, power surge, and hesitates to redline, but it only does that 90% of the time. And when cruising it sounds like a tug boat. Check the plugs, changed them, they were black, and it still runns the same, actually, it ran worse after I changed it.

N

·
0 Posts
It has run crappy since you installed it, but the old engine (assuming both were stock) ran fine with the same intake and exhaust?

Sounds to me like you need to call your engine builder back. IMO, something's out of time, an exhaust cam maybe?

BTW, before anyone else says it: you're a baaad boy for doing wheelies... ::)

Good luck!

:)

EDIT: Before you call your builder, double check all the work you did yourself. Make sure the carbs are installed properly, check for leaks, cable routing etc.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know. I payed the price for doing wheelies. So I guess I'll go back to the shop. I know the carbs are installed correctly, becuase I've been in there trying different settings on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts